Is Alicante cold in March/April.

(6 Posts)
popflos Wed 06-Feb-13 22:33:28

Fyi October water much much warmer than April water but plenty of nice things to do on hols that don't involve getting wet

notso Wed 06-Feb-13 10:09:33

Thanks for your replies smile

notso Wed 06-Feb-13 10:07:33

I can cope with cold and rain but please not snow! I would just like it to be warm enough for the pool, although we have been in the sea here in October so I think it would have to be really cold to put DC off!

popflos Tue 05-Feb-13 17:27:52

thing about spring time is its unreliable the world over. spain can be zero degrees in the morning and 25 degrees by 2pm, bikinis in jan and feb are not uncommon. neither is snow. check the week before you pack, its the only way. and just hope it doesnt rain. spanish rain is terrible compared to english rain!

lljkk Tue 05-Feb-13 17:20:23

I think your assessment is about right; but my friends who live near Alicante said that it snowed one Easter (April as well). Which they did think was utterly freaky. So nothing reliable.

notso Tue 05-Feb-13 13:30:09

We are going anyway, and I was expecting it to be like a normal summer here and maybe a bit cold at night. The villa owner said it would be fine but then I guess they want me to book their villa!
Friends have said it's going to be freezing and we will need jumpers and trousers during the day as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now