Keycamp etc - what do kids do all day? Plus recommends for Languedoc Rousilllon

(8 Posts)
Portofino Tue 05-Feb-13 09:23:57

Would really recommend Siblu La Carabasse for that age group. Town and beach within walking distance, massive funfair, mini-golf, entertainment for the kids in the evenings. Kids Club is normally twice a day 10 - 12 and 4 - 6. They do sports, games, put on a talent show etc. When we were there in 2011, dd made friends at the kids club and then spent the day playing in the pool/waterslides with them. She was 7. Older children seemed to congregate together in the bar area, for cokes and chips etc I just kept an eye on her from my sun lounger.

dreamingofsun Mon 04-Feb-13 19:08:55

- opps - obviously discouraged other families kids into our van. Ours were allowed in at night to sleep!! But tended to use it for pitstops to stock up on food drink.

dreamingofsun Mon 04-Feb-13 19:08:03

they normally attended a football class and this meant they made loads of friends and spent ages on the football pitch. we also played cricket - sometimes in the evening and you would sometimes get lots of families/kids asking to join in.

we discouraged kids from coming into our van - so we had privacy.

pitched a badminton net on our pitch. played tabletennis.

great holiday - a good mix of doing things as a family and getting some piece without them

agnesf Mon 04-Feb-13 16:10:48

That's what I was hoping for beachyhead - although we won't have a number plate - maybe a union jack flag outside cabin or will that look a bit imperialist grin.

beachyhead Mon 04-Feb-13 15:10:24

We do Eurocamp every year. The minute they get out of the car, they are on their bikes scouting all the UK car plates, assembling a gang! They seem to find enough and we certainly give them the freedom of the camp site. Most days we do bike ride or beach with everyone, then all the families seem to return from wherever about 5pm, then we don't see the kids until bedtime.

It's their favourite holiday.

thefirstmrsrochester Mon 04-Feb-13 15:05:55

Ooooh, checking in. I'm hoping to go to keycamp this summer too!

agnesf Mon 04-Feb-13 15:02:33

Sorry - meant which campsite in Languedoc Rousillon is a nice campsite? Any ones to avoid?

agnesf Mon 04-Feb-13 15:01:33

Have never been on this type of hol. Our DCs are 8 & 10, like swiming and football but are a boy & girl so don't play that much together.

Do kids on these kind of hols meet up with friends and play with them? Can they be reasonably independent on the campsites or do adults have to hang about with them?

Or do they just go to the kids club.

Thinking of Languedoc Rousillon - which is a nice campsite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now