I don't know what to dooooooo!

(7 Posts)
gerbilsarefun Sun 03-Feb-13 10:57:38

We went to Fuerteventura a few years ago. Stayed in Caletta de Fuste (now Costa Caletta), we visited Jandia and Corralejo and none of them were 'drunken brits abroad' type places. It was a few years ago though, may have changed. TBH I preferred Jandia as a resort, lovely beaches, Caletta was nice but the beach wasn't brilliant (IMO), I liked Corralejo too.

Cyprus is nice if you avoid Aghia Napa in season. Coral Bay, near Paphos, is my favourite resort, a nice quiet resort but with shops and restuarants/take-aways. It caters mostly for villa holidays (package and independent). Larnaca/Limassol are the best bases for exploring the island.

OpheliaBumps Germany Sun 03-Feb-13 10:39:35

Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look at Neilsons website, and Croatia sounds good too, thanks to you both!

bigfuckoffpie Sun 03-Feb-13 08:26:00

Could the Dalmatian coast of Croatia work? Miles and miles of beautiful, clean beaches, and some interesting sights. We mostly self-catered (we were there pre-kids and could roam around) but the two package hotels we stayed at were quite peaceful, and it's not too expensive to get to either.

givemeaclue Sat 02-Feb-13 23:41:28

Are not APA

givemeaclue Sat 02-Feb-13 23:41:16

Nb have done this with 3.5 year twins, and it is actually a holiday for the parents rather than just a change of scene. Resorts APA in Greece or Turkey

givemeaclue Sat 02-Feb-13 23:39:25

Neilsons, go out of school hols to keep costs down. You will have a great time so will twins, no Brit abroad types and fantastic activities for kids they haunt them sailing, kayaking, boat trips etc.

OpheliaBumps Germany Sat 02-Feb-13 21:16:35

We're planning our first 'beach' holiday with the kids (3.5 yo twins). Before the kids came along we did walking/sightseeing holidays (eg. Austria, Lake Garda, Iceland etc), but I think now we need something more child friendly. The kids will be happy with a pool with a slide, and a beach, but looking at family resorts on Tripadvisor I'm worried it's going to be noisy and I'll end up hating it.

Help, has anyone done a package holiday that wasn't too expensive, but not full of the cliched drunk Brits abroad? Or am I better off sorting it out myself so I can choose a quieter location?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now