Is fuerteventura cold in the evenings?

(14 Posts)
MissCalamity Sun 10-Feb-13 20:22:38

Went to Lanzarote at the start of January this year, wasn't expecting much in the way of sunbathing but it was lovely during the day, 24/25c most days. In the evening it was a bit chilly, definitely cardigan weather but we could still get away with cropped trousers, maybe not with flip flops though!
I packed shorts & t-shirt pj's for DS & they were fine for him.
It's the luck of the draw this time of year!!

I remember going on my first "winter holiday" to the canaries in February. I had packed for a summer holiday and had to go out and buy long trousers and jumpers.

Bunbaker Sun 03-Feb-13 23:19:35

We went to Lanzarote in February one year and it was a disappointing 18 degrees during the day most of the time. The evenings were decidedly chilly and I needed more than just a cardigan to keep warm. We were told that the weather had been unusually cold.

Oh yes, we went in April and it was windy and very chilly in the evening. Not scorching during the day really. Too cold (for me) to go in the sea or pool.

PenelopePisstop Sat 02-Feb-13 22:00:46

I would pack for DC's as though it was a nice summer in UK (probs without the waterproofs). We went at Christmas and it was lovely during day - no need for cardi's but wore cardi', hoodies or jacket in evening.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 02-Feb-13 19:58:34

I remember it being windy enough to need a jacket or cardigan, nice during the day though.

We went in February once (my sister lives in Gran Canaria) and it was too cold for the beach. The kids had a few midday dips in the pool, but it was a heated pool, so it was fine as long as they stayed in the water. No sunbathing.
It was pleasant and warm in the day, not hot. And chilly in the evening.

shrimponastick Sat 02-Feb-13 11:55:35

Feb 2012 we went to Lanzarote, and that was chilly. We barely sunbathed that week. Ir was still warmer than UK in Feb of course, but the locals were saying that it was particularly cold.

We only had a hoodie each, we left our coats in the car parked up at the airport as we thought a light hoodie would be sufficient. It wasn't.

However Feb 2011 we were in Tenerife and it was gloriously hot.

As I said earlier, best to be prepared.

Can be cold, so pack long trousers and cardi

Tillylils Sat 02-Feb-13 11:44:29

Thanks for the replies. I'm not actually going, my parents are taking dd in February half term. I think I'll just have to pack her summer and winter pjs

shrimponastick Sat 02-Feb-13 11:23:47

It can be, yes.

When are you going?

I have been to Fuerteventura three times, at differing times of year.

In February then it was chilly on an eve, in daft some days it was cold, windy and wet. I think we struck unlucky that particular year though.

Other times I have been in June and most phots on an eve show me without my cardi on so it must have been okay.

I would always go prepared so as to make the most of your trip.

Have a good time.

LtEveDallas Sat 02-Feb-13 11:23:44

What time of year?

We went in April 2007 and it was 40 degrees during the day (once you were out of the wind) and about 25/30 at night. DD slept in a pair of shorts (just to keep her nappy on). I think DD used to go out most evenings in a cardi, but took it off when she was running around.

leonardofquirm Sat 02-Feb-13 11:21:45

I remember it as being windy in January but not freezing. This was Pre DC so not sure about pjs. smile

Tillylils Sat 02-Feb-13 11:19:10

I've heard that it is and that cardigans/jumpers are needed in the evenings. Is it warm enough to sit outside though? And should dd have winter or summer pjs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now