Where to go in Italy?

(4 Posts)
slalomsuki Thu 31-Jan-13 11:51:44

Am trying to plan a holiday in Italy renting a villa or an apartment. DH wants to drive there through France but I am fairly flexible about flying and renting a car. Kids want a somewhere with a pool to play in and I guess they would want somewhere we could drive to the beach in a reasonable time.

I haven't got a clue where to start with this apart from looking at properties on owners direct etc. Where is good to go, how realistic is it to drive and what would you recommend to do.

Lovingfrance Fri 01-Feb-13 23:13:05

How about Portovenere? On the Ligurian coast just south of the Cinq Terre - a pretty good drive down through France and not too far into Italy. We went with children aged 11 down to 5 and had the most amazing time - beautiful unspoilt village, mainly Italian tourists - wonderful warm sea, great seafood, restaurants, etc - check out www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Italy/Liguria/Portovenere-145459/TravelGuide-Portovenere.html for a feel for the place

Several years since we went and we remember it as one of the very best holidays we have ever had!

Portofino Tue 05-Feb-13 09:30:38

Agree that the area around Portovenere and the Cinque Terre is beautiful. One of my favourite places.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 05-Feb-13 09:34:34

Coast near venice. Touristy and stuff for the kids, but things to see too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now