Holiday recommendation for mum, dad, 20 month and 5 month yo

(5 Posts)
sicleaver Tue 29-Jan-13 12:26:11

Hi,
Newbie netdad here, does anyone have any recommendations of holidays not too distant that will give my wife and myself a break and keep the little ones happy?
We have never done a package trip before but willing to try if it allows a rest. Pre-children our holidays were about booking flights somewhere and finding a place when we get there. We went to Thailand this way before we had our second bub and it worked well, but she was that much younger. We were living in Australia at the time so the flight was fairly easy.
Any ideas welcome preferably not 5 star costs! thinking maybe short haul around April.
Thanks.
Simon

popflos Tue 29-Jan-13 18:33:26

short haul in april the weather wont be bikini.. spain is cheap and can be lovely, check out mumsnet best at www.caseriodelmirador.com a good combo of child and adult friendly or if thats not in the budget then it might have to be the canaries, but thats a whole different game plan and not everyones cuppa. my guess is that if you like thailand you would prefer mainland/inland spain to the canaries.

Portofino Wed 30-Jan-13 09:48:13

Have a look at Tots To for baby friendly properties in France, Spain and Italy. Kinder Hotels also have some fab places with childcare, family rooms and spas etc

TerrysNo2 Wed 30-Jan-13 12:07:27

Also try Baby Friendly Boltholes - its a really good website.

Caserio del Mirador is excellent, we had a wonderful 2 weeks there in 2010. The Martinhal resort in the Algarve is very family orientated but quite resort like, if you want one base that you don't have to leave its very good but if you prefer getting out and about then its not so ideal.

Lovingfrance Fri 01-Feb-13 20:06:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now