Never been on family holiday to Europe - can anyone help please?!

(4 Posts)
JackieandJudy Sun 27-Jan-13 19:08:04

Thanks for replies and tips, need to get going on the planning but feeling daunted! Sounds like a hotel may not be the best idea then, will go off and investigate self catering.

lljkk Sun 27-Jan-13 18:56:15

Self catering apartment, start browsing Last Minute.com to get ideas of prices, and read reviews for places and holiday companies.

Make sure the teens have strict spending budgets (out of your money).

A hotel would be likely to work out v expensive, as all bar the 8 year old will most likely count as adults.

A self catering apartment would be much cheaper and if you go to a Greek island you can eat out fairly cheaply each night anyway.

Kephalonia is lovely.

Personally, I always go to a travel agent - it makes things easier and safer, I think.

JackieandJudy Sun 27-Jan-13 18:33:30

Dc are 19, 18, 15 and 8. Due to dh being ill and unable to travel, we have never been abroad on holiday together as a family.

Dh and I have decided that it would be nice for the dc, especially the youngest, if they were to have a holiday abroad this year so I will take them away somewhere. Trouble is, I have no idea where to start!

I'm thinking maybe one of the Greek islands (but doesn't have to be), I'm thinking a hotel as opposed to a villa, and I'm thinking it will be in the school summer holidays. Other than this, I haven't got very far in my planning! Can anyone offer up advice to a complete holiday novice, and a very disorganised person to boot! Would I be better off going to a travel agent?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now