Do school holiday deals exist?,

(3 Posts)
sunnyday123 Sat 26-Jan-13 13:55:08

Hi

I just wandered whether there is such a thing as a cheap deal during the summer school holidays?

We are looking to go away around 20 July for up to 10 nights but plan to leave til last minute (we have arranged time off etc).

We have always booked in advance but prices a very high at the minute and I done want to pay over £2400 ideally.

2 adults and 2 kids preferably all inclusive, family hotels - kids disco etc but I don't use kids clubs so not bothered about them.

I'm not sure if the deals are poor when compared to free child places when booking in advance? Anyone got any idea of how cheap the holidays go a few days before?!

I really want to go away and we have done the whole camping in France etc but I don't thins that's good value for money. Last year we did 12 nights on camp site for £1300 inc travel but we spent £1000 which is steep for a holiday in a caravan! We stayed in turkey last year, all inclusive five star for £2000 so much better value as never spent a penny! But that was earlier in the year).

Any ideas please would be great!

Fluffy1234 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:13:22

I agree about French caravan holidays, once you factor in tolls, petrol etc they are expensive. Check out Travel Republic website, I always find good deals there.

cheerup Sun 27-Jan-13 08:33:04

French caravan holidays can be expensive - if you eat out etc. French camping (i.e. own tent), without meals out, is not. £1400 for 17 nights for 4 all in for us last year. Each to their own though and I can understand why someone who is likes all inclusive might not see self-catering and staying in a tent as much of a holiday. Personally I'd hate to be on a complex and I love the simplicity and flexibility of 'proper' camping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now