Family friendly destinations/hotels in Spain, Cyprus or Greece

(7 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Fri 25-Jan-13 15:14:10

We're thinking about our 2013 holiday and need somewhere that our 2 daughters - who will be 4.5yo and 15mo by the summer - will enjoy.

Would really appreciate any input! TIA.

dreamingofsun Sat 26-Jan-13 14:38:15

where can you fly to from your local airport? are you going in school summer hols or can you travel in june/sept - cyprus sounds very hot in july/aug.

do you like sitting in a taverna under olive trees, with minimal facilities. Or lots of entertainment and 5 star? what sort of budget do you have?

MolotovCocktail Sat 26-Jan-13 17:08:32

We can travel to most of Europe from our nearest airport. We would need to travel in the school summer holidays - certainly couldn't travel in September. October 1/2 term could be a goer, though.

We'd like a beach - we like relaxing, but equally would like stuff to do when we fancy: nice shops, some nice places to eat, nice places to visit with family facilities. 5-Star would be nice (!) but not really interested in shows (for us) or anything. We don't want to leave our kids in a kids club.. That's why we'd want family friendly so much.

We can probably afford for the holiday to cost about £1k.

ihatethecold Sat 26-Jan-13 17:59:21

if you can go at half term in may then it will cost less than summer hols.

i read in the newspaper supplement the other day that Portugal (not the algarve) has reduced costs as people are not visiting.

i think you will be lucky to find a holiday for 1k in the school hols, ive been looking myself and the cost always shocks me.

if only i could go in school time!!

dreamingofsun Sat 26-Jan-13 19:18:40

i think cost will be your deciding factor then. flights normally cost us about 200+ each and then apartments are around 500+ a week (total for all). spain looks to be the cheapest at the moment, so maybe worth looking there. mainland. i've always found it best to get a book from the library and do online searches. Javea and moyra (spelling might be wrong) sound nice.

agree with molo that may half term may be better value.

oct might be worth looking at lanzarote - playa blanca and old town peurto del carmen

MolotovCocktail Sat 26-Jan-13 20:04:17

That's cool - thanks both for tour suggestions! Will talk to DH and do some research smile

Ra88 Sun 27-Jan-13 20:30:56

Cyprus in October is very nice , not too hot but still tanning weather ! Protaras is a nice family place been there about 4 times .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now