Duinrell - just booked!

(15 Posts)
constantnamechanger Mon 04-Feb-13 13:55:28

we also used pool in evenings and did park in day.

constantnamechanger Mon 04-Feb-13 13:54:43

We went twice last year, we love it.

I didn't know there was changing upstairs or that there was a games room.

We didn't use on site shop - went straight to supermarket - there is also a sort of £1 shop in town.

Mandy21 Mon 04-Feb-13 13:47:02

Thanks all smile

We went 3 years ago, going back this year and we can't wait grin

Gailforcewind Mon 04-Feb-13 11:47:29

Gofaster family changing upstairs shock.

Gailforcewind Mon 04-Feb-13 11:46:00

We went 2 years ago in the second week in june and kids adored it.I would highly recommend it.You basically have a fantastic indoor waterpark ,'the tiki pool', and a brilliant themepark on-site.I thought the theme park was brilliant -really quaint in parts for smaller kids and then lots of rides that were way too much for meshock.
We did keycamp with 2 dcs,13 and 11, and they loved it. The shop onsite is really good ,biggish supermarket type thing and also a big launderette.We didnt hire a car and simply took a double-decker train from Schipol airport to the nearby town.The town(cant remember name) is about 10 minutes walk from campsite and is a lovely little place to explore.Also has a big supermarket called ' C 1000 ' which is very reasonable for food and beer/wine etc.
You have to pay for the 'tiki pool'(was approx 3.50euro per person) but its well worth it-we used to wait and go in the evenings when it was quieter and do the theme park during the day.
Overall,a brilliant holiday and would highly recommend it.Enjoygrin.
We would certainly go back there.

gofaster Sat 02-Feb-13 21:50:05

We went last year and really enjoyed it. We went canvas and caravan was great, think they are all much of a muchness.

Site was fun and the town is nice for a little wander, there's a market check which days, had really nice produce.
We also went to supermarket in town - a bit cheaper and not far to walk.

Swimming was fun (some of the slides are fairly crazy!), if its busy there is family changing upstairs which nobody seemed to notice, but you need to split up by gender.

Kids discos and stuff at night, quite low key but fun, our DDs were bemused by the language but still had a ball! There is also a good games room along from bar - check the times as it has free board games, wii etc and was very under-used.

If its still the same that you get 2 hours free in the pool and you only want to stay 2 hours (ie not pay extra) get out sharpish, there is no leeway grin

The beach is about 5 minutes drive away - whilst it wasn't that warm whilst we were there it was still worth a visit - it is massive and spotlessly clean (bit like Bamburgh if you've ever been), there was some cafes with clear glass windbreaks - ingenious!!

Have fun!

Mandy21 Tue 29-Jan-13 12:51:04

Thanks all, will definitely review it afterwards!

Portofino Mon 28-Jan-13 15:09:09

After seeing this earlier I have booked up for a May Bank holiday weekend with the tent. Dd really enjoyed it last time - we camped 2 nights - and barely scratched the surface really. Might hire bikes this time.

Ruthiebabes Mon 28-Jan-13 14:57:42

Thinking of booking this for May half term next year... Mandy21 please review it when you get back!! Thanks!

Portofino Mon 28-Jan-13 11:00:25

We went in August for the weekend and thought it was fabulous. The pool got crowded though. Children's menu in the restaurant was a bit disappointing, but the on-site shop is very good.

Mandy21 Fri 25-Jan-13 21:14:24

Thank you pilchards smile that's just the reassurance I was looking for!

PilchardsonToast Fri 25-Jan-13 20:08:17

hi, we visited duinrell about 18months ago with eurocamp(after going 5 or 6 times as a child!) and I can't recommend it enough. the variety of activities is huge so you will have loads to keep you busy, some of the attractions are older but its all part of the charm! it might not impress kids in their late teens but for children its lovely.

the pool is fabulous and your kids are a perfect age to enjoy it.

we love duinrell, would efinitely go back and wax lyrical about it to anyone who will listen!!

Mandy21 Fri 25-Jan-13 12:38:16

Should have added at the end - any comments or tips gratefully received!

Mandy21 Fri 25-Jan-13 12:37:22

I know there are quite alot of threads about Duinrell and reviews, but most of them seem quite old. Has anyone been in the last year or so?

I'm getting cold feet now that the site is past its best, it'll be very busy and we'll just wish we'd gone to France instead!! Staying in a mobile home with Keycamp (have never done this before either) but thought it would be an adventure. The facilities (water park etc) seem perfect for the children which is what has convinced us to book - if the weather is poor, there is lots to do inside!!

We'll have 2 x 8yr olds and a 4yr old, going for 5 days in the 1st week in June (we get 2 weeks at May half term whereas most people only get 1, so we're going for the week where most children will already be back at school). I've checked that its not Dutch or German school holidays too.

We've had an email to say there is a volleyball tournament the weekend after we leave (we leave on the Wednesday, the tournament starts on the Friday) so I'm hoping we miss the onslaught of hundreds of teenage volleyballers!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now