Any quirky Paris hotel recommendations?

(16 Posts)
hackneyzoo Thu 24-Jan-13 19:49:35

DH and I are planning 3 nights away in September for his 50th, I have booked the flights.... now for the hotel.
This is our first time away from the 3DC in about a million years, so would like to find somewhere centralish, but special. Not a large chain or anything.
Preferably old and quirky and beamy.....all for less than 200euros a night...is such a thing possible?
Anyone advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.
We were going to book here but it no longer exists!

peppersquint Thu 24-Jan-13 20:54:31

Hi there
Can't recommend in Paris but the French website Inter Hotel has over 300 quirky hotels which are selected on their individuality. We stayed in one in Saumur and loved it. Link below - have a great holiday!

http://www.inter-hotel.com/fr/

hackneyzoo Fri 25-Jan-13 18:49:29

Thanks Peppersquint, I will check out the website

HyvaPaiva Fri 25-Jan-13 18:51:21

I suggest this hotel. Very quirky and right on the Champs-Elysees.

hackneyzoo Fri 25-Jan-13 20:29:56

Hyva, thank you that looks lovely.

BestIsWest Sat 26-Jan-13 20:18:56

Don't know if this fits your bill at all but this is what we've booked for my 50th in April http://www.hotelleftbank.com/en/hotel-left-bank-saint-germain-des-pres-3-stars-luxury-paris-6-hotel.html.

I know it's a chain and therefore probabaly not exactly what you want but it is old and beamy and it's in a nice area. We have DCs coming with us though sigh

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sat 26-Jan-13 20:37:33

I have stayed a few time in the Belloy St Germain when in Paris for work, lovely small hotel on the Boul' Mich' grin, opposite Cluny metro which is linked to St Michel RER, so dead central. It has a lovely atmoshpere, cosy lounge - haven't been there recently, but last year they used to include a free glass of champagne in the lounge, ad a free - very substantial 'high tea' - you'll probably be eating out in romantic restaurants, but for me after work meant I could easily refuel, and then sit reading in the cosy lounge. Price depends on demand - if you book a few days before terrific bargain and last time I was given a fab room with tall windows on two sides - like being in a Frech nove grin

hackneyzoo Sat 26-Jan-13 21:06:20

Best, that looks lovely, exactly the sort of thing I had in mind, but slightly out of our price range.

The Belloy looks lovely too, anywhere that gives you a free glass of champagne on arrival gets my vote.... also a bit out of our price range at themo, but will track prices.

I really like the look of Hotel St Merry but it seems to be closed at the moment.... also like Hotel de la port Doree which is a bit out of the centre, but very well priced. Does anyone know if the 12 arrondissement is a good place to stay?

BestIsWest Sat 26-Jan-13 23:00:26

yes keep an eye on prices hackney, we got it for around 220 euros with Expedia but that was for a room for 4.

peppersquint Sun 27-Jan-13 19:27:50

Hackney - I would probably avoid the 12eme - not central enough and not much going on - although that's just my opinion.

hackneyzoo Mon 28-Jan-13 20:23:19

Thanks for all the advice.

I am going to wait and see if I can get a good deal on some of the hotels that are a bit out of our price range at the moment and if not will fall back on the 12eme one.

Thanks for the heads up Pepper, it does look a bit far out. Dh and I quite like walking though and wouldn't mind walking on to the centre on foot.

Are there any other areas that aren't right in the centre that are nice to stay in?

EMS23 Mon 28-Jan-13 20:27:40

It's probably out of the budget bracket but L'Hotel is where I stayed on my honeymoon and it was fabulous. Quirky and intimate. It has a swimming pool in the basement which you can reserve. It's beautiful and the restaurant was yummy too.

V lovely, hugely romantic boutique hotel with a grand piano in the lobby: hotel de Banville Etoile. Nr arc de triomphe hotel

onehitwonder Mon 28-Jan-13 20:42:11

I stayed at this hotel for work www.londres-eiffel.com and it is lovely hotel. Upsides, quicky, not a chain, in a really central area but not touristy - streets around have local shops and bars but it is really close to Eiffel Tower. A couple of amazing restaurants around the corner.
Downsides, no bar or restaurant (they do breakfast though) and the rooms are not huge, but then this is an old building so it does have all the 'beamy' charm and is decorated beautifully.
Staff were friendly and helpful and I think it is within your budget too.

peppersquint Mon 28-Jan-13 20:51:36

Hackney - Paris is lovely for walking so think you and DH will have a lovely time - I would recommend arrondissements 3, 4, 5, 6 7, 9, 10 and 18 as they have something close by but also good metro links and have a bit of "local character".

Trazzletoes Mon 28-Jan-13 20:56:02

I can't remember whether it would fit your requirement of beams but we stayed at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais once. I can remember the name despite it being years ago because it was lovely and romantic. Near Les Halles and close to Le Marais.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now