Playa Blanca, Lanzarote - Villa near Rubicon Marina/Papagayo Beach or Montana Roja or Town?

(5 Posts)
Hertschick Wed 23-Jan-13 22:27:07

We have decided to go to Playa Blanca in September and I'm trying to narrow down Villas. Not that many right in PB but chosing between 2 I think - one right over on the west side near Montana Roja, lovely villa near the sea but not sandy beaches and a 20/25 mins walk into PB itself or one right over on the east side of PB between the Marina and Papagayo Beaches and again the same distance from PB. Both villas look lovely with same facilities and just stuck as to which side is better?

Any advice. We are going with our 2 year old boy and just wondered if there are lots of family friendly places at the Marina or is it all high end places?

Thanks for help.

We stayed at the Hotel Volcan next to the Marina in October. The Marina has several restaurants which are family friendly and a market twice a week. We were too lazy to walk to PB but got a taxi a few times which took less than 5 mins and cost around 4-5 Euros each way.

2munchkins Thu 24-Jan-13 09:46:38

We stayed in Marina Rubicon which has a lovely coastal walk that is nice and flat for buggies to the the good sandy beach. Enjoyed the markets and family friendly restaurants. We found not that many acitivities for young children but with our two year olds it was enough just to go to the beach, explore the harbour and relaxing at the villa. We liked the fact that we were near all the facilities and walkable to the beach.

We stayed here which was lovely and perfect location

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/c1631.htm

rainbowmagic1974 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:18:00

We stayed near the marina. The kids loved feeding the fish in the sea. Especially whilst standing on the wooden bridge. They did this every day. Lovely walk along the front both ways. Would definitely recommend the area

Hertschick Sat 26-Jan-13 20:36:14

Cheers guys - think I will go for the marina one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now