Beach holiday with teens, can you help?

(38 Posts)
middleagedspread Tue 22-Jan-13 20:43:28

We've had some lovely holidays with our DSs but mostly long haul.
Our circumstances have changed & I'm looking for a reasonable beach holiday in August.
Essentials; gorgeous beach, tennis & some other teens for DSs to hang around with.
We're not really looking for a big resort, equally SC apartment might be dull for the teens. Mark warner or equivalent would be ideal but it's about the same price as the caribbean.
We loved Corsica but it's just too pricey. I like the look or Formentera but can't find a nice hotel.
I think I'm looking for the impossible, but I wonder if you have any ideas?

middleagedspread Wed 23-Jan-13 11:57:23

Thanks so much Baking. As you say 6K is a lot of money, but with x2 teens you have to pay 4 adult prices which can be shocking in the school holidays.
Ideally we'd do a Neilson Beach Plus but the prices are horrendous in August. We once did a cheapy version with Crystal Active, but they seem to have stopped doing them.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 23-Jan-13 12:00:03

Sunsail is v.good - no idea on the August prices though.

Fluffy1234 Wed 23-Jan-13 13:45:29

I went to a Louis hotel in Corfu and that was very good. I think there are also some Louis hotels in Cyprus that look good. Also check out Mark Warner but you would probably only get a week with your budget.
I second the idea of a cruise. My teens have out grown beach/ jumping in the pool holidays and we have found cruises great for them. Find one with an adult only pool for some quiet time for you while they go of and make friends.

middleagedspread Wed 23-Jan-13 14:08:18

Was that the Louis Corcyra, Fluffy? It might tick all the boxes; beach, tennis & not too busy. Thanks so much.

Fluffy1234 Wed 23-Jan-13 14:25:30

Yes that's the one. If you get a chance check out the reviews on trip advisor.

CuriousMama Wed 23-Jan-13 16:38:15

We did a cruise that had tennis all loved it. Ocean Village though so not everyone's cup of tea.

CuriousMama Wed 23-Jan-13 16:42:43

That hotel Fluffy recommended looks lush.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Jan-13 20:13:33

Never been here but it looks lovely - I was vaguely looking at it myself this week.

I think it could come in under your budget, assuming there's four of you and depending on which options you choose.(Sailing/windsurfing/activities in Vassiliki).

Wildwind is a fab suggestion.Minorca Sailing is another one to look for if you like your watersports.
I think the old Crystal Active centres are now Ocean Elements.
Can't believe it woud cost £6k for 4 people at Neilson, quite shocked by that!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Jan-13 20:31:11

Watersports: I occasionally come across independents offering volillas in Greece with a dinghy available for guests' use. Can't remember any off the top of my head, natch, but you might find something?

Mind you, our lot have reached the stage of sailing to humour DH, so not sure we'd get away with that option smile.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Jan-13 20:55:47

Volillas? Villas!

middleagedspread Wed 23-Jan-13 21:04:30

Thanks so much, they're great suggestions. Wildwind looks great. Will investigate.
Neilsons were coming out at 7K + Shotgun, some were even 10! Ridiculous money.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Jan-13 22:40:12

Yes we did Nielson Kenya a couple of years ago - not a common occurance for us to spend that much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now