Summer holiday for family with 2 and 5 year old - kids club, seperate sleeping area for kids?

(16 Posts)
doowpro Thu 07-Feb-13 11:39:51

Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus does all inclusive holidays now, unusually for such a luxury kind of place. Creche and kids club too.

Fluffy1234 Fri 01-Feb-13 15:23:04

I took my DC to Almond Smugglers Cove St Lucia and stayed in a suite with two separate sleeping areas and had a large terrace. There was a kids club but we didn't use it. However there were weddings, there is in quite a lot of Caribbean resorts.

Lemonnie Thu 31-Jan-13 19:33:46

lykiaword the Thomson Sensatori resorts are good too, we stayed at the Greek one which was nice. Also search holiday villages with first choice.. Hth's

narmada Wed 23-Jan-13 22:21:02

Samnella that place looks fabulous. DD would love those water slides. For non-peak weeks the price isn't totally ridiculous either - although not exactly cheap!

Samnella Wed 23-Jan-13 20:28:17
Samnella Wed 23-Jan-13 20:27:26

[http://www.insotelhotelgroup.com/en/resorts/mallorca/insotel-cala-mandia-resort this is good according to my SIL]

Its all new and clean. Rooms have a separate space for the children. Not sure the age for childrens club but I am sure SIL put 2 year old in. Its meant to be very good.

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 23-Jan-13 19:17:36

Main thing would be to find somewhere that will take the 2 year old in kids club. Aren't most 4+?
You might need to look for somewhere that runs an extra nursery or crèche.

narmada Wed 23-Jan-13 19:13:56

Aah, unfortunately they only do the french alps in summer. Shame.

Wilso Wed 23-Jan-13 18:17:21

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Goldenhandshake - Sounds lovely but I need a holiday where I dont need to think about cooking or cleaning for a few weeks!

Narmada - We would do the lakes...Italy maybe?

Anyone been to Italy, Corsica, Sardinia, or even Carribean with little ones? We are widening our search now.

narmada Wed 23-Jan-13 15:46:17

Would you do mountains? Would a lake beach do?

Esprit family adventures do great kids clubs and provide childcare. In summer they are quite reasonable although the chalets/ hotels aren't luxurious.

I guarantee you there won't be many weddings in them there parts!

Kowalski Wed 23-Jan-13 15:03:46

I have an 8 & 3 year old and have just booked here reviews look ok smile

makemineapinot Tue 22-Jan-13 23:46:48

Playa mar Puerto Pollensa Majorca?

MildlyMonica Tue 22-Jan-13 21:05:51

Neilson holidays - great beachclubs in Greece & Turkey. Fab kids clubs. Activities for mum and dad too - if you fancy - no pressure from anyone there if you don't!

diabolo Mon 21-Jan-13 17:22:25

I keep recommending this:

www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/overview/Punta-Prima/Insotel-Club-Punta-Prima-013739/

Great pools, kids clubs, really quite posh for AI.

Not too sure about the kids club aspect as we had an apartment but resort wise I really recommend Prai da Rocha in Portugal, nice short flight from the UK, fantastic beach, great Zpoo Marina nearby and the locals in resort were wonderful, we have been twice, first time with a 10 month old and we went back the following year as we enjoyed it so much, and I never return to the same place so quickly!

Wilso Mon 21-Jan-13 14:50:14

Hi
We are looking to book a 2 week holiday for summer but there are so many choices. We have 2 lively boys; 2 and 5 so would like to have a place with a kids club where they keep busy for a couple of hours each day, a separate sleeping area for kids, beach, good food, Half board or all inclusive and not a place where there are lots of weddings taking place! We stayed at Sani in Greece a few years ago and it was lovely.

Please can you help?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now