How easy is it to self cater in Turkey? - have booked

(4 Posts)
MaureenShit Sun 20-Jan-13 15:08:17

we cant afford to eat out ( or really want to tbh) for 14nights.
Have fridge freezer, 4 rings. I think I read on trip advisor there is a Lidl or similar within walking distance.

Have any of you happily self catered? WE went to Turkey several times pre kids, but all i can remember is how NICE the food was. WIth kids we want crusty bread and ham for lunches and milk that they wont regard as weird wink for breakfasts.

any tips?

I think it will depend on which part of Turkey I'd imagine, I have been to Hisaronou/Olu Deniz and it would be very easy to self cater there, there were some great little supermarkets and even an 'Azda' wink

MaureenShit Mon 21-Jan-13 16:29:35

thanks, I had a look on some living abroad website and they were saying about certain supermarkets

Beamur Mon 21-Jan-13 16:31:38

Depends where you are. DP went to Turkey last year for a climbing trip and there were NO food shops much to his surprise, the only shop was a sort of newsagent where you could buy biscuits and sweets. But the places to eat were very cheap and the food was fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now