Villa in Tuscany not far from Florence

(7 Posts)
PhilJW Fri 18-Jan-13 13:22:05

Can anyone help?

I'm looking for a villa with a pool for 2 couples (us and the inlaws) and our 3 year old in Tuscany not far from Florence.

Ideally walkable to a village/town (for restaurants, shops etc) with a train station for easy access to Florence (in laws cant walk too far so most of the time spent locally to the villa with a couple of day trips to Florence).

Any recommendations for villas, towns to stay in or the best companies/websites to arrange it through much appreciated.

Moominsarehippos Fri 18-Jan-13 13:23:27

Try cottages to castles website.

Moominsarehippos Mon 21-Jan-13 14:58:47

http://www.cottagestocastles.com/villas/tuscany/reggello/villa-magnolia.aspx?scheda=gallery

You'll need a car - most places a quite rural. The driving is ok, but watch out for speed cameras and cities where the is congestion charge (ie Florence, Arezzo).

Podere Campiglione in Monteviarche - we go every year - is ace.

Arezzo is a lovey place to stay as is Luca or Sienna. But I think you are kidding yourself if you don't think you will spend a lot of time driving.

I would book it independantly - we have never used a tour operator - just make sure you use a credit card to book and are covered.

Be careful in Italy - I'd take your own car seat - they often try and give you really shite ones when you hire a car.

Moominsarehippos Tue 22-Jan-13 08:58:58

I need my Italy fix this year (not looking likely as it is £££). Ah well, I can always dream of my own villa, overlooking the mountains, ahhhhhh.

Moominsarehippos Tue 22-Jan-13 09:00:33

I love Arezzo too. The best ice cream shop in the world is there, the horseys and the mummified nun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now