I bet loads of you know Ibiza, yes? I need a hotel near the airport.

(12 Posts)
KerryKetosis Fri 18-Jan-13 10:19:14

Obviously I've googled, but I could do with some advice from anyone who knows the area.

We have a villa booked, but need a hotel for one night when we arrive. The flight gets in in the middle of the night so I'm looking for somewhere right next to the airport so we can get kids to bed ASAP.

I assumed the airport would have hotels right next door like you get at big airports, you know, just Holiday Inn or whatever, but it doesn't seem that obvious.

So, if you are familiar with the area, are there any hotels nearby? Or do we just need to head to a resort place?

I'm clueless, please advise!

TIA

KerryKetosis Fri 18-Jan-13 12:14:03

ba da bump

KerryKetosis Fri 18-Jan-13 18:05:57

Ba da bumpity bump

Startail Fri 18-Jan-13 18:14:48

Palm beach is about 10 minutes away, but it's a proper on the beach tourist hotel.

No idea if it would do one night. I guess it might out of season.

WildRumpus Fri 18-Jan-13 18:19:49

Why do you need a hotel near the airport? You know then island is tiny right? Even if your villa is in the remotest corner down done bumpy dirt track it won't take an hour to get there. But if you must have a hotel head into Ibiza town. Not far from the airport and loads of hotels.

KerryKetosis Fri 18-Jan-13 18:21:22

Erm no, I didn't know the island is tiny! See I told you I need people who know! grin

WildRumpus Sat 19-Jan-13 21:04:32

Ha! Ok. What else do you need to know? When are you going? (and apologies for typos in previous message)

KerryKetosis Sat 19-Jan-13 21:15:39

grin thanks Wild! We're going May half term (end of May). Just wanted the quickest way to get children to bed really as we'll be landing 2am.

So I take it there's no big faceless chain hotels near the hotel. We don't need a pool or anything nice, just a room really.

But apart from that, any tips for family Ibiza, rather than raver Ibiza?

Anywhere to avoid?

WildRumpus Sun 20-Jan-13 16:24:18

Best time of year. Sunny but not too scorchio and all the flowers are out. Bliss. Bit early in the season for ravers. But anyway with DC you will find yourself operating on a different timezone to hardcore partygoers. Enjoy!

KerryKetosis Sun 20-Jan-13 18:28:16

oh that's good to hear, thanks WildRumpus!

SoldeInvierno Wed 23-Jan-13 20:56:01

I agree with Wild. The island is so small that if you take a taxi, you'll be in your villa well within an hour. The kids will fall asleep in the taxi, hopefully, and you can carry them to bed. I think going to a hotel, if you find any, would be more hassle.

chatee Wed 23-Jan-13 21:06:01

If you are landing at 2am, it will take around an hour to get off the plane, collect luggage and clear customs
The furthest parts on the island only take an hour at most in a taxi and there is a taxi rank just outside the airport doors- but if you wanted too, there are companies that you could pre book with in the Uk and a driver would be waiting with your name on a board as you leave the customs area.
Ibiza is a wonderful island
Ibiza town is a lovely old town with a beautiful church at the top with amazing views-go at a night time and its a completely different experience.There are also some lovely shops in the old town.
Portinatx is a lovely resort with three wonderful beaches, there is one just before you arrive in Portinatx on the left after the big bend that is a beautiful beach where some films have been filmed.
Santa EUlalia has a market and some wonderful restaurants too.
Enjoy your holiday....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now