Easy Jet flights.

(10 Posts)
hutchblue Thu 31-Jan-13 17:51:38

From what we experienced recently, you can pre-book your seats now on all easy-jet flights 60 days prior to departure, online.

Check the site but that is my understanding. The bun fight was putting some people off using easyjet at all, so they've introduced pre-booking online for all seats now.

nellyjelly Tue 15-Jan-13 21:33:33

Thanks, just a week bit while I like to travel light, all the DCs stuff adds up. Might do 1 bag in hold and hand luggage the rest if I can.

If there is a washer there then I can travel even lighter. Need to check.

RedToothbrush Tue 15-Jan-13 20:28:15

How long are you going for? Easyjet have a good hand luggage allowance with no weight restriction - only restrictions on the size of bags in the cabin which is reasonable (but they vary about how strictly they enforce this so make sure you are within the size).

Honestly its very, very doable for a week with Easyjet's rules BUT I do know a lot of people would struggle as they like to take the kitchen sink. Depends on how much you think is essential on holiday tbh.

Plus its worth thinking about if you go hand luggage only, you'll have to consider the toiletry (liquid) restrictions. Its often just easier to buy stuff when you get there tbh.

Going hand luggage only does however get you out the airport the other end, much much quicker.

nellyjelly Tue 15-Jan-13 20:20:17

Thanks. Useful info.

We always buy Boots meal deal's for the flight in the Departure lounge!

Myliferocks Tue 15-Jan-13 20:14:23

The last few times we have flown with Easyjet we were bussed to the plane. The front part of the bus was cordoned off with a rope for the speedy boarders and families with under 5's. When we got to the bus they opened the door to the cordoned off section first so they could all board and then the other doors were opened.

PaulInHolland Tue 15-Jan-13 20:11:06

If at least one of your kids is 5 years old or younger,then you will all get boarded immediately after people who have bought speedy boarding passes so pre-booking of seats is not really necessary.But this only applies if you walk directly from the gate onto the plane.If you have to get on a bus to take you to the plane,then it is a free-for-all and the pre-booking of seats may be useful.It all depends on the departure airports. I do not remember ever having used such a bus at Luton.

nellyjelly Tue 15-Jan-13 13:28:46

Thanks for that.

malteserzz Tue 15-Jan-13 13:27:15

You can bring your own food, it's just liquids which are restricted though you can buy them at the airport once you've gone through security.
If you can get everything in cabin luggage it's a lot cheaper, check the dimensions on the website but you can take a small suitcase each
Don't forget you can check in online 30 days before, for our flight to Amsterdam it was only £3 each way to pre book seats so we did

nellyjelly Tue 15-Jan-13 13:19:08

OK have booked me and DH and the kids on a flight to spain. Can anyone who has used Easy Jet give me some advice.

Is it worth paying in advance for a couple of pieces of hold luggage or should I try and shove it all in cabin bags?

Is it worth pre booking seats?

I know you can buy food on board but can you bring stuff with you. The airport rules are wearing me out!

Any other suggestions? Tia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now