3 teenagers, no car, where to go in summer in Europe?

(8 Posts)

We've got some bargains through vrbo.com. Renting an apartment is so much cheaper than a hotel. Can you get a map of Europe and have a look at which places have big towns or cities and are next to the coast - that way you can have things to do if the weather isn't favourable or they fancy a day doing something other than lounging on the beach.

Barcelona. Beach, culture, shopping.
Train to Sitges for a better beach.
You can go from Gatwick with easyjet.

PoppyAmex Tue 15-Jan-13 14:55:19

Faro or Lagos in Algarve. Loads of teenager friendly stuff, great beaches and brilliant food.

Sleepysand Tue 15-Jan-13 14:53:05

I rented an apartment through holidaylettings - it was a few years ago - and it cost about £600 for the week I think. It might be cheaper now, goodness knows the price of Spanish property has plummeted.

I didn't go, but you can get the train from Valencia to Port Aventura as well. Barcelona is also a lovely choice! The east coast of Spain generally has lots to offer. Flights from London to Valencia last year in summer were about £170 a person return, not bad for the height of the season.

Fluffy1234 Tue 15-Jan-13 14:34:36

Perhaps Barcelona. Beaches and lots to do and you could take the train to Port Aventura for the day.

monkeysmama Tue 15-Jan-13 14:13:08

Thanks Sleepy. I will have a look. Do you have any suggestions on where to stay?

Any more ideas gratefully received.

Sleepysand Tue 15-Jan-13 12:54:48

Valencia is cheap, has great public transport, nice beaches and cheap flights. Loads and loads to do. Good food. Can get to Madrid by train for a day trip - just a really good place to go.

monkeysmama Tue 15-Jan-13 12:05:02

Exactly that really. Somewhere warm with a beach and places to visit that doesn't require a car. Moderate budget. Any suggestions?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now