"South of France" with a 10m Old

(12 Posts)
BoraBora Tue 08-Jan-13 17:51:37

So, we've never been to France and DH fancies the south of France for this year's holiday. We will be going in mid June with a 10 month old. We don't do camping! Where's nice? What kind of thing should we go for? Any ideas appreciated (have never been away with a baby!)

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 08-Jan-13 17:56:43

Oh yes we stayed in a nice cottage which was part of a small complex with a pool, jacuzzi and restaurant within walking distance, will try and dig up the name of it, this was when DS was 7months. It was a bit of a drive to the attractions though, but we had a lovely time

BoraBora Tue 08-Jan-13 18:16:39

That sounds lovely! What part of France was it?

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 08-Jan-13 20:12:51

It was near Nice, unfortunately I can't find the details of it as it was back in 2006. If you search chez nous they have similar sorts of things - worth requesting the brochure as I find it easier to find what I'm looking for than online.
Also depends what you are looking for - would you prefer s/c or hotels. If you are prepared to share the room with your baby then you could stay in a nice hotel, afraid I haven't got any recommendations for those as DS was a noisy baby so we have always tried to find somewhere with a separate sleeping area for him

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 08-Jan-13 20:20:43

There we go managed to find it
www.cheznous.com/OwnerWebsite.aspx?id=10307&startDate=12/01/2013&duration=7&partySize=3&sleeps1=0&sleeps2=1&sleeps3Plus=0 as I say the downside was that we had to drive to places but we saw so many lovely villages and towns. DS slept at lunchtime so we could enjoy a nice relaxed 3 course lunch and then catered at home at dinner time or went to the local restaurant

BoraBora Tue 08-Jan-13 20:24:19

Thanks so much for this, will have a good look. Exciting way to spend a miserable January evening!

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 08-Jan-13 20:31:42

It's a nice age to go away with your DC as you can still do a lot of adult things like sight seeing which you won't have as much opportunity to when they are older. We spent a day in Monte Carlo which was fab and also Grasse which is a lovely village where they make perfume.
Nowadays I restrict myself to beaches, pools and Disneyland this year (woo hoo)

magentastardust Tue 08-Jan-13 22:42:13

we went to South of France when Ds was 9 months. We liked St Maxime for walking around with the buggy! Nice good for strolls with the buggy after dinner along the promenade , Cannes and St Tropez worth going for a look at the yachts but very busy and touristy . Good beaches and easy to get around would recommend it with little ones.

Portofino Tue 08-Jan-13 22:50:24

I posted on the "Best ever holidays" thread with a link for a wonderful apartment in Antibes. The beach at Juan Les Pins is fab for babies - totally calm and shallow, and you can go and have lunch without putting your shoes on. The apartment came equipped with wine, a travel cot, buckets and spades etc. Dishwasher/washing machine.

Portofino Tue 08-Jan-13 22:55:39

Here. It was lovely. I could have moved in permanently. Shops/bakery within 5 mins. Lovely beaches within 10 - 15 mins. It was not cheap though and that was a few years back.

MumVsKids Tue 08-Jan-13 23:02:57

Port Grimaud is perfect, we're headed there in August with 3 DCs aged aged 8, 4 and 16 mths smile but we're in our trusty camper van, so tend to tour around a fair bit smile

magentastardust Wed 09-Jan-13 00:42:26

Oh and the Frejus area is good with little ones too.
would like to go back but we are stuck to school holidays now and self catering accommodation in summer hols is a fortune sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now