Is Santa Eulalia in Ibiza nice?

(35 Posts)
goodtoesnaughtytoes Sun 06-Jan-13 17:21:19

Looking at family hols for June/July. Dd 4 and Dd 1. We have been to Port de Pollensa and loved it. Went to Sa Coma in 2012 and didn't like that so much hmm. Is Santa Eulalia very built up/ too touristy or does it have charm?

ibizagirl Sat 12-Jan-13 08:24:27

We have been since dd was 2 and she is now 13. Nine times i think we have been. There are people who have been going for 35 times at least. There are a lot of repeat guests. Enjoy yourselves and (i know its way off yet) make sure you let us all know what it was like etc.

loopsngeorge Fri 11-Jan-13 22:46:05

Thanks Ibizagirl! That's good to hear that you liked it enough to go back! The beach was what really appealed to me but MIL and SIL like to sit by the pool so I'm hoping there's not too much of a scrum for sunbeds.
We've hired a car for the two weeks so looking forward to exploring the island.

ibizagirl Fri 11-Jan-13 13:13:09

LOOPSNGEORGE.

Thats where we always go!! We used to go in July and it was quiet. Didn't go last year but the year before we went in August and it was packed. Es Cana beach is busy but the hotel Cala Nova has a beach next to the hotel which is nice (although it has had to change after there was a storm and the sand got washed up and the beach went really small. Think its back to near normal now).Hope you have a lovely time.

MrsPoglesWood Fri 11-Jan-13 00:16:40

Went to Santa Eulalia 8 years ago so it may have changed a bit but we loved it. It was fairly quiet - as in no rowdy bars or 18-30s type groups - but lots of lovely shops and restaurants, very nice beaches, a fab marina to walk round and a good family atmosphere. It felt very safe at quite late at night.

We took a boat trip to Es Cana to go to the Hippy Market and we hated it - both the market and the resort. The Hippy Market seemed to consist of the same 6 market stalls that were in Santa Eulalia square just repeated about 100 times and Es Cana itself was a lot louder and busier than Santa Eulalia.

We also took the local bus into Ibiza Town for the day which was a good day out.

MrsCrump Santa Eulalia every time. The shops in Es Cana were just touristy tat shops. Santa Eulalia's shops are so much nicer. It even has a little department store!

1991all Thu 10-Jan-13 23:53:46

Formentera is v quiet
Lovely beaches
Not an awful lot to see

Santa Eulalia is a proper Spanish town, so has lots of shops, not just touristy ones
Es Cana is much more touristy, lots of bucket and spade shops, and the beach is way to cramped for me

Loops, that hotel looks lovely, I love Cala Nova beach, try Cala Llenya beach next door too
It's not quite in Santa Eulalia though, but taxi is easy and I think there might be the little train that goes that way

Mrcrumpswife Thu 10-Jan-13 18:07:13

Can i ask which is nicer Es Cana or Santa Eulalia? I prefer busy with lots of shops.

Sorry to hijack opblush

noddyholder Thu 10-Jan-13 17:58:36

Anyone been to formentera?

AnyFucker Germany Thu 10-Jan-13 17:54:09

charlea...did you ever walk/run right round to the lighthouse at Portinatx ?

AnyFucker Germany Thu 10-Jan-13 17:53:12

have a great holiday x

loopsngeorge Thu 10-Jan-13 16:52:24

Thanks, have finally taken the plunge and booked the Fiesta Cala Nova!

charlearose Thu 10-Jan-13 13:37:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Germany Thu 10-Jan-13 07:40:11

I don't find Portinatx particularly hilly (in comparison to somewhere like Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria, eg), and there were enough shops for me (I don't do shopping on holiday)

ibizagirl Thu 10-Jan-13 06:22:50

I have been told Portinatx is difficult if you have a pushchair because it is on a steep incline, trudging up and down to the beach and all that. And also there is hardly anything there ie shops or bars/restaurants. Not my views, other peoples.

charlearose Thu 10-Jan-13 00:11:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lukat Thu 10-Jan-13 00:09:46

With OUR.... not OUT!!!! lol

Lukat Thu 10-Jan-13 00:09:09

Go to portinax.... Gorgeous and great for kids. We visited SE and yes it looked lovely, not tourist at all.... We would def go there with out dd age 8 & 10, we love Ibiza.

loopsngeorge Wed 09-Jan-13 23:08:24

Sounds lovely - any recommendations of places to stay in Santa Eulalia? Ideally we want a hotel so the kids can get their nightly mini disco!

AnyFucker Germany Tue 08-Jan-13 18:07:20

I have been all over Ibiza, but not Santa Eulalia grin

My fave (main resort) place on Ibiza is Portinatx

BrianButterfield Tue 08-Jan-13 18:00:17

We went to Cala Llonga and it was really lovely! The beach is great, very sheltered and although there's a good selection of bars, restaurants and shops it's very low-key and quite quiet. It's a short hop on the bus to Santa Eulalia.

1991all Tue 08-Jan-13 17:58:59

we actually have an apartment there, have been going for 15 years!

BoraBora Tue 08-Jan-13 17:48:59

I love it there. Have been about 4 times now.

We had a lovely holiday in Santa Eulalia when DCs were young. It's not at all tacky, has a very Spanish feel to it.

iseenodust Tue 08-Jan-13 12:30:01

Stand corrected on resort name. All of what I said applies to Cala Llonga. blush

ibizagirl Tue 08-Jan-13 12:08:36

Play del Ingles is in Gran Canaria iseenodust, not Ibiza. Perhaps you are thinking of Play den Bossa? That is very touristy and loud.

Es Cana is quite quiet and we like it. Been to Santa Eulalia and it is similar but more shops. Can't say more as it was only a short visit.When we always picked up on the airport coach it looked ok but the passengers were older people. People who i have spoke to all liked it but they were older couples and not families. Have a look on Trip Advisor.

BrianButterfield Tue 08-Jan-13 12:01:22

St Eulalia isn't very touristy - it's quite quiet and charming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now