Is Santa Eulalia in Ibiza nice?

(35 Posts)
goodtoesnaughtytoes Sun 06-Jan-13 17:21:19

Looking at family hols for June/July. Dd 4 and Dd 1. We have been to Port de Pollensa and loved it. Went to Sa Coma in 2012 and didn't like that so much hmm. Is Santa Eulalia very built up/ too touristy or does it have charm?

loopsngeorge Thu 10-Jan-13 16:52:24

Thanks, have finally taken the plunge and booked the Fiesta Cala Nova!

AnyFucker Thu 10-Jan-13 17:53:12

have a great holiday x

AnyFucker Thu 10-Jan-13 17:54:09

charlea...did you ever walk/run right round to the lighthouse at Portinatx ?

noddyholder Thu 10-Jan-13 17:58:36

Anyone been to formentera?

Mrcrumpswife Thu 10-Jan-13 18:07:13

Can i ask which is nicer Es Cana or Santa Eulalia? I prefer busy with lots of shops.

Sorry to hijack opblush

1991all Thu 10-Jan-13 23:53:46

Formentera is v quiet
Lovely beaches
Not an awful lot to see

Santa Eulalia is a proper Spanish town, so has lots of shops, not just touristy ones
Es Cana is much more touristy, lots of bucket and spade shops, and the beach is way to cramped for me

Loops, that hotel looks lovely, I love Cala Nova beach, try Cala Llenya beach next door too
It's not quite in Santa Eulalia though, but taxi is easy and I think there might be the little train that goes that way

MrsPoglesWood Fri 11-Jan-13 00:16:40

Went to Santa Eulalia 8 years ago so it may have changed a bit but we loved it. It was fairly quiet - as in no rowdy bars or 18-30s type groups - but lots of lovely shops and restaurants, very nice beaches, a fab marina to walk round and a good family atmosphere. It felt very safe at quite late at night.

We took a boat trip to Es Cana to go to the Hippy Market and we hated it - both the market and the resort. The Hippy Market seemed to consist of the same 6 market stalls that were in Santa Eulalia square just repeated about 100 times and Es Cana itself was a lot louder and busier than Santa Eulalia.

We also took the local bus into Ibiza Town for the day which was a good day out.

MrsCrump Santa Eulalia every time. The shops in Es Cana were just touristy tat shops. Santa Eulalia's shops are so much nicer. It even has a little department store!

ibizagirl Fri 11-Jan-13 13:13:09

LOOPSNGEORGE.

Thats where we always go!! We used to go in July and it was quiet. Didn't go last year but the year before we went in August and it was packed. Es Cana beach is busy but the hotel Cala Nova has a beach next to the hotel which is nice (although it has had to change after there was a storm and the sand got washed up and the beach went really small. Think its back to near normal now).Hope you have a lovely time.

loopsngeorge Fri 11-Jan-13 22:46:05

Thanks Ibizagirl! That's good to hear that you liked it enough to go back! The beach was what really appealed to me but MIL and SIL like to sit by the pool so I'm hoping there's not too much of a scrum for sunbeds.
We've hired a car for the two weeks so looking forward to exploring the island.

ibizagirl Sat 12-Jan-13 08:24:27

We have been since dd was 2 and she is now 13. Nine times i think we have been. There are people who have been going for 35 times at least. There are a lot of repeat guests. Enjoy yourselves and (i know its way off yet) make sure you let us all know what it was like etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now