Mallorca in May with 2 DCs. I have no idea - please come to my holiday rescue

(12 Posts)
DomesticDisaster Sun 30-Dec-12 18:11:42

I am planning a family holiday in Mallorca next May and have no idea where to go. We have 2 DCs - age 3 and 5.

Requirements would be:

Not too far from airport - we will hire a car but wouldn't like to think we would be more than an hour or so away from airport.
Things nearby to entertain children
Things nearby to entertain us - we like meandering around, churches, galleries, interesting architecture.
Nowhere touristy but not so out of the way that there is nothing to do/see.
Beach nearby
Possibly we would favour an apartment over a hotel - somewhere with a pool though.

I have never been to Mallorca hence not having a clue. Please let me know of places you've been that you think fit the bill. Many thanks!

We are off to Mallorca in May with our 2 DC. DD1 aged 8 and DD2 just turned 1 who also has a cows milk allergy sad we are staying in Alcudia and we always fly with Thomson. I highly recommend them and they have a fab kids club. If you hire a car you can travel anywhere and we will def be heading to Palma Aquarium again it's huge and lots of fun for the kids.

Hth

If you want apartments. I highly recommend through Thomson Playa Mar aparthotel in Puerto Pollensa. Got a lovely pool and staff are brilliant.

ArthurandGeorge Sun 30-Dec-12 18:21:41

Puerto Pollensa is nice as is Cala Vincente which is a just along the road.

KingPhilsWench Mon 31-Dec-12 20:43:30

Puerto pollensa is lovely we go every year and stay in a little local village. Not to far from the airport in a hire car either and it's quite a straight forward place to find

OhEmGee25 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:03:14

Just booked through Thomson Aparthotel Coma Gran in Sa Coma. It's a 4* on the beach with kids club

Astr0naut Tue 01-Jan-13 16:10:35

WE did the COma Gran in June last year. It's about a 5-10 min walk to the beach. Our 2 year old loved it to bits and even the 7 months old seemed to enjoy it (a bit!).

We're currently dithering about going again, but the fact that it'll have to August puts me off a bit.

soupmaker Thu 03-Jan-13 10:28:07

How about Port De Soller? We stayed there with two under 5's last year. We had an apartment. It's a very easy drive from the airport and about an hour max. The beaches were fine, there were nice places to eat, play parks for the kids, and a wooden tram which goes into Soller, where there is a church and more interesting architecture. The train station in Soller has a Miro and Picasso exhibition! There is an old wooden train to Palma from Soller which is a great day out. Palma is a fab city for wandering and sight seeing. Good museums and art galleries, the cathedral and old part for wandering about in. We booked flights, apartment and car hire separately but there maybe packages too.

BringUsSomePigleyPudding Thu 03-Jan-13 20:08:24

We took the girls to Majorca in May aged 3 and just 2.(week after her birthday)

We went to Alcudia. Its about 45 mins drive. We booked a cab online, an ex pat who came with the appropriate car seats for the girls.

We booked an Apartment through Owners direct.
It was very child friendly with bed guards, child sized cutlery, Sat TV with Cebeebies! etc
It was also right on the beach and had a shared pool. It was in the port end of Alcudia which is nicer and quieter than the other busier end of the (very long) beach. Fantastic views over the marina and beach. Childrens playground on the beach and small funfair rides in the marina.

Plenty of excursions about too. Alcudia old town has the churches etc to see. We took an open top sight seeing bus tour to see them. Lots of boat trips going from the marina. We took a glass bottom boat to a secluded beach which they girls loved.

Resort as a whole was very family friendly.

adifferentwoman Sun 06-Jan-13 18:48:11

A villa between Puerto Pollensa and Pollensa - best of both worlds as you're near the beach plus have a beautiful town to walk around. Done for the past 2 years with great delight. Would go back again and again. Villa Parade a good company, as is Somar.

50BalesOfHay Sun 06-Jan-13 18:50:50

Try Menorca instead, it's fantastically family friendly

Mum2Fergus Sun 06-Jan-13 22:23:22

Sa Coma for an amazing beach, or Cala Bona/Millor for nice food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now