Help for first holiday abroad with 4 and 2 yo

(6 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 31-Dec-12 21:25:19

Pick a site with Eurocamp / Keycamp / Canvas and then book a caravan / chalet direct. Sooo much cheaper.

Several sites around Florence have been talked about at length on here. I'd suggest Norcenni Girasole.

givemeaclue Mon 31-Dec-12 11:38:04

Euro camp have air con in mobile homes at some of their sites in Italy.

Don't forget need to take own bedding, towels, tea towels etc. May need to hire a car to get From airport to camp site and to get around when there.

Right, so that's the ready tent option out then. Any other ideas anyone?

givemeaclue Sun 30-Dec-12 17:20:27

Yes will need air con

Oh and would be flying from Manchester or Liverpool if that has any bearing.

We haven't been abroad since having children and didn't go overseas much before that, so I'm completely clueless and feeling very overwhelmed at the moment!

We really like the idea of Florence/ Tuscany/Italy in general, not France/ Spain as they are pretty much the only places DH and I went as children.

Only been to Italy once before for week in Rome and loved it.

Looking at a campsite as it needs to be cheapish - say up to £1000 for accommodation if possible. Am looking at campsites around Florence - any particular suggestions? Some of the ready made tents look good but do I need to splash out for something with air con?

We want to go the last week of June, pref for 10 days, as DH works in college until end of June. Dd starts school in sept so our last chance to go outside school holidays.

Requirements: nice swimming pool (pref shallow), good food, not too noisy, kids disco would be nice. Pref self catering due to DS allergies. Italy is the furthest I would fly with v restless (will be) 2 yo DS!

Will Florence at end of June be ridiculously hot??

Sorry this is garbled, typing as I think on phone!!

Am open to all ideas - please help!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now