Whe can dd and her friends go this summer?

(8 Posts)
Mrsrudolphduvall Fri 28-Dec-12 10:31:42

First holiday alone.
They'll all be nearly 17.
I was thinking Spain/Portugal...they are not clubby types, but want somewhere hot, pool, beaches, nice little town.

Italy?

Mrsrudolphduvall Fri 28-Dec-12 10:34:50

Is Italy quite expensive?
And no beaches?

Beautiful beaches in Lido Di Jesolo, Grado and Puglia. Plenty of Ryanair/Easyjet flights and food is super cheap. 5 euros for pizza the size of a bin lid. grin

Always feels safe, beaches are organized, people are warm and friendly. I used to stay with friends in my early 20's.

Depends on the holiday they want, don't most teens head off to the Greek Islands these days? Malia or Aghios Nikalios in Crete, or Cyprus. The Canaries would be cheap in the Summer too?

I found Spain very expensive this year, particularly around Barcelona. And this is from someone who lives in Switzerland. grin and pays 7 quid for Starbucks. shock

A lot of my younger team members headed to Croatia this summer and had a great time, the towns look very pretty, and the prices are good. It's Easyjet-able I think.

And there's always Turkey, which is still fairly cheap? Especially if they book an all inclusive, so if they lose money, or something happens, they can always eat or drink every day!!

Mrsrudolphduvall Fri 28-Dec-12 20:24:12

Thanks for answers.
Personally I love Greece.....

bamboostalks Fri 28-Dec-12 20:25:37

Isn't 16 a bit young for that?

Mrsrudolphduvall Fri 28-Dec-12 20:27:01

She can get married at 16 [ grin]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now