Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Family camping in Europe

(7 Posts)
AbbyLou Fri 28-Dec-12 21:22:48

Another recommendation here for La Croix de Vieux Pont. We went last summer with Canvas Holidays and had a brilliant time. We had ds (7) and dd (5) and went with friends with sons aged 9 and 5. There was loads for the kids to do and it was lovely and relaxing for us too. The scenery is beautiful and the whole camp is so clean.

Cloudminnow Fri 28-Dec-12 18:32:27

We've been Camping with Keycamp, Canvas and Eurocamp and really enjoyed them. All the camps we've been to have mobile homes as well as tents and are really good value for money with loads to do. I've been to the following: Le Vallee in Normandy, Le Croix de Vieux Point in Isle de France and Norcenni Girasole in Italy and would happily return to them again. Their websites give a pretty good idea of what's on offer. I've also found that the actual campsites loook far better in real life than on the websites. As well as pools and clubs, they also run trips to places of interest e.g. Paris, Florence.

makemineapinot Wed 26-Dec-12 16:06:27

Can second Duinrell cos its ab! Not a hot sunny holiday but you will have plenty to do. If you want guaranteed sun I can recommend www.portofelice.it near Venice - fly to Marco Polo and get the bus or a taxi. You don't need to drive as on need a car. Campsite is fab and is the only place we've returned to or a second holiday apart from Duinrell. Also loved camping le bios u valmaie in Argeles sur mer in the south of France - flew o Perpignan and got a taxi - again no car needed. Also have done loads in Brittany and the Vendee but need guaranteed sun these days!!

steppyhen Sun 23-Dec-12 19:37:03

http://www.keycamp.co.uk/sites/france-paris/pa012-la-croix-du-vieux-pont.html

went all the time when was younger, loved it will be taken my three yr old their this summer ! also near disney land ! weather not always hot but so much to do on site!

bruffin Sun 23-Dec-12 10:33:27
dreamingofsun Sun 23-Dec-12 10:29:21

you need to think about your requirements first. is guaranteed sunshine essential and so are you prepared to drive further? Preference on countries? Are you going on ferry, flying or eurostar - this is probably determined on where you live in uk and which country you want to visit.

we went to brittany a lot when your kids were your age. south brittany has most reliable weather....but obviously it does still rain.

probably best to choose country and then the resort?

might be best posted in camping section

ukcampsites.co.uk has feedback on places in france

the things in your list are covered off by most eurocamp/keycamp/canvas sites

Sonofagun Fri 21-Dec-12 19:13:46

I think I may have persuaded my DH to go camping in Europe this coming summer but as we've never done it, I'm looking for recommendations on where to go. We have 1 DD aged 5 so will be looking for somewhere with lots of activities to keep her occupied (pool, lots of other families, kids club). Can anyone recommend a resort?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now