5* antalaya turkey reccommendations

(17 Posts)
CrazyAlien06 Sun 30-Dec-12 21:08:55

ooooo sorry to hijack but wanted to say this was a fab post to read! I am currently pulling my hair out trying to find a suitable holiday for me, DH and DD who will be 22 months old when we want to go.
fantastic to read about people wanting 5* luxury as do I :D

thanks for the advice and tips off to google now !

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 11:34:07

Oh god really? Think thats made my decision to stay at a delphin. Thank you!

Dontbesodramatic Wed 05-Dec-12 07:38:30

Loveyou- The hotel should have been 5* but I would say it was 3*. Staff were quite rude, food was Bland.Spa was great as was Turkish baths but kids were allowed to run riot. I had my DD so I have no issues with kids but quiet spaces should be quiet. Antalya town itself is pretty but there is only so many times you want to go there before you've seen it all.
I just came back thinking, I'd never go back again..

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 22:41:03

dontbe can I ask you to expand on that? What didn't you like about the hotel and Antalya? Thnk you, you're helping us decide where to book!

Dontbesodramatic Mon 03-Dec-12 21:03:00

We stayed at the Concorde and had a terrible time. Food was awful as we're the facilities. Antalya was not for ushmm

copycat Mon 03-Dec-12 20:47:16

If you like the Delphin Imperial then take a look at the Delphin Palace or Delphin Diva which are a little less expensive. If it is the 'newness' of the Imperial that you like then look at Sherwood Dreams and Paloma Oceana and the Royal Alhambra Palace as these are new hotels (2011/2012) too and will probably be cheaper than the Imperial.

The Concrorde de Luxe is, relatively speaking, an 'older' hotel but the reviews are very good I think. Have a look here on Tripadvisor and here on Holidaycheck for photos and reviews.

I've stayed at the Topkapi Palace which is adjacent to the Kremlin Palace (same hotel chain) and had a great holiday there. It was quite a few years ago and I think the rooms are probably due for refurbishment so take a look at recent reviews. Also the main restaurant did not have air-conditioning and we found it uncomfortably hot in August.

LalyRawr Mon 03-Dec-12 11:44:38

We stayed in the Kremlin Palace in Antalya. Not sure of the star rating, but I bloody loved it!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 11:43:00

Reeeeally want to go to the delphin imperial but its out of our budget.....we have the money and could go really tempted but dh thinks we should go to a slightly cheaper hotel.....I'm tempted to just book th delphin imperial anyway(!)

Has anyone had any experience with the concorde de luxe?

copycat Sun 02-Dec-12 15:55:25

The Delphin Imperial is very swanky and the quality of food and drink is excellent, however, my one reservation is that it was very crowded. Relative to other hotels it is a big hotel (650 rooms) on a small plot (54,000m2) and for that reason I would not go back. It is not the vast guest capacity that is an issue it's just that personally (and I am fussy tourist grin) I prefer the more exclusive feel of a hotel that has more spacious grounds - but the downside of that is the amenities are more spread out and it's further to walk.

Just to bore you as an example the Susesi has 554 rooms - 90,000m2, the Voyage Belek has 600 rooms- 93,500m2, the Rixos has 769 rooms - 405,000m2, the Gural has 580 rooms - 200,000 m2 etc you get my drift! I guess that having been fortunate enough to have stayed at a number of other hotels in the area I just found the Imperial rather compact in comparision. Having said that, there are plenty of plus points; the Lara beach area is convenient for transfers and the Imperial is very luxurious.

If your budget allows you could also consider the Maxx Royale Hotel in Belek. It opened in 2011 and is even more upmarket than the Imperial grin A friend of mine has stayed there with her pre-school age children and found it very luxurious. She has also stayed twice at the Voyage Belek (which is next door), the Susesi, the Cornelia Diamond and at the Gural Premier Tekirova (and is booked to stay there again next summer). All these hotels are excellent so you can't really get it wrong!

cappucinogirl4 Sun 02-Dec-12 14:31:27

the Delphin Imperial was definitely 5*.It was so posh I saw a lady come down to dinner wearing a fascinator!
There was SO much food.Just everything and anything.And the kids cocktail menu had 20 different drinks on it.Kids buffet every night with the usual chips,spag bol etc or they could help themselves to the adult section ( 3 rooms of food!)
I would defo recommend it.We had kids with us ranging from age 3 to 11 years and everyone was happy.
We never ventured outside the hotel though so don't know what Antalya is like.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 02-Dec-12 11:14:59

copycat this is AMAZING thank you so much for such a comprehensive list! Am leaning towards the delphin smile

copycat Sun 02-Dec-12 10:46:23

LYFMB I know the hotels in the Antalya area quite well as we have been to Turkey many times and I have spent quite some time over the years reading the reviews for each hotel. I also have several friends who have stayed in some of the hotels that I haven't! Alanya is a long way east from Antalya.

The area is awash with 5* hotels but you will see by the prices that some are more expensive than others ... and this is for a reason. I know it is obvious to say but the more you pay, the more high end the hotel and facilities.

I will list a few hotels where my friends or I have stayed (with children) that we would recommend:
Voyage Belek (a very good slightly less expensive option with great entertainment for kids)
Susesi Belek
Gloria Golf hotel Belek
Rixos Premium Belek
Cornelia Diamond Belek
Delphin Imperial Lara newly opened this year(I've stayed there too cappucinogirl)
Delphin Diva Lara (cheaper than the Imperial and next door)
Sherwood Dreams
Royal Holiday Palace
Royal Dragon Colakli (near Side)
Paloma Oceana Colakli
Royal Alhambra Palace
Gural Premier Tekirova (a personal favourite of mine but quite a long transfer from airport). Tekirova is a much more scenic area than Lrar and Belek and is west of Antalya.

Also worth considering and popular on mumsnet is Lykia World Resort in Olu Deniz (I have been twice but not for a few years now) and also the Hilton Dalaman

About the areas: Lara is a 20 minute transfer from Antaya airport so easy to hop in a taxi and spend a day or evening in Antalya town. All the hotels are side by side along the beachfront and there are a couple of shopping malls but nothing to get excited about.

The hotels in Belek are much more spread out and tend to have wider beachfront locations and more spacious grounds. There are some that are built side by side but the Rixos Premium and the Gloria Golf, Gloria Serenity and Gloria Verde hotels, for example, are set on very spacious plots. Some are within walking distance of Belek town (which is inland).

Colakli is near Side so you could visit from there by bus or taxi.

I hope that helps to start with! smile

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 18:55:10

copycat no shortlist but we want a luxury hotel as thats where we will be mostly staying.

time is alanya the place as antalaya? Where else would you reccommend?

cappucino thank you for the reccommendation, is the delphin 5* iyo? Where the rooms nice and what about food?

Thank you all.

cappucinogirl4 Sat 01-Dec-12 16:43:54

We have just got back from the Delphin Imperial hotel in ANtalaya.WAs absolutely amazing. Best holiday we,ve ever had.WOuld definitely recommend for toddlers.Great kids club,toddler pool etc.FOod was great for my fusspot ds.Kids buffet was fab.Would highly recommend!

timeforachangebaby Sat 01-Dec-12 16:43:43

It's a horrible place don't go to alanya - we went, we stayed in the Grand kaptain - hotel itself was lovely - town was a shithole.

copycat Sat 01-Dec-12 16:38:00

Do you have a shortlist of hotels? What's important to you? Lots of help on the Antalya Tripadvisor forums plus hotel reviews and photos etc. Antalya itself has a nice old town and harbour area but most of the 5* hotels are All Inclusive and located east of the city towards Lara beach and Belek. Further east is the historic town of Side, also with a harbour area.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 06:29:24

Going in summer with toddler, any reccommendations?

Also is antalaya the nicest area if you want to avoid young tourists boozing types?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now