Tenerife hotels/apartments with good family suites

(8 Posts)
theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 25-Nov-12 13:54:49

Hi
Just booked flights for October again! This will be our 4th time to Tenerife as we love it, just wondering if we should try a different area/hotel.

We have stayed in the Regency Country club a couple of times which our DS really enjoys as it has great entertainment, mini golf and we like as the apartments are lovely but we have the benefits of a restaurant on site. However don't like the fact its far away from the beach.

We also stayed in a suite at Anthelia which was fab as DS could sleep on a sofa on the bottom floor and we slept at the top so we had space but were in lovely hotel right beside the beach. Also the suite was much less expensive than adjoining rooms would have been.

We really like the Del Duque area - but have looked at Del Duque hotel and its too pricey for us.

Can anyone recommend any other hotels which have suite type arrangements which would work for us?

Also thinking we should maybe try a different part of the island - so any recommendations for places with a nice beach and some restaurants but not too built up ?

beanandspud Sat 08-Dec-12 00:13:05

I was about to say the Regency Country Club and then I read your post properly!

Will be lurking - we love Tenerife but haven't yet found anything better than the Regency...

theoriginalandbestrookie Mon 10-Dec-12 22:23:34

Isn't that funny - we both like the same place !

buggerama Tue 11-Dec-12 16:23:12

wow, its gorgeous, I just looked it up(Regency Country Club). I take it theres no playground or anything much to amuse the kids (apart from the lovely pools of course)?

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 11-Dec-12 16:45:19

Not at all - there is a playground, free 12 hole mini golf, v small childrens club which runs for a couple of hours in the morning and various other bits of entertainment such as bingo which DS loved ( not as naff as it sounds very low key). Also the apartments have cartoon network which is totally fab.

buggerama Tue 11-Dec-12 19:37:04

Wow, that sounds great. Did you find eating out expensive in Tenerife? My SIL has told my DH that it is and its put him off, but I am trying to convince him, this place looks lush

ThoughtBen10WasBadPokemonOMG Tue 11-Dec-12 19:39:13

We stayed at the Luabay Costa Los Gigantes which is a First Choice Holiday villa. We booked with the hotel though. It was beautiful and the rooms were great.

theoriginalandbestrookie Tue 11-Dec-12 19:44:50

You know buggerama you helped me to make my mind up ! So I have gone ahead and reserved the Regency.

If you stay at the Regency you are next door to a lovely restaurant called L'estancia that has a gorgeous 3 course menu for 25 euros for Regency residents, or at the hotel they offer a daily meal 2 courses for 12 euros. There are loads of restaurants at the front, we liked quite an expensive one La Torre Del Mirador, but if you walk towards Playa De Las Americas there are a number of inexpensive restaurants, or indeed if you get the shuttle bus down to the front there are loads of cheapish restaurants.

If you do opt for the Regency, the best price seems to be on their own website. If you can I would say its worth the difference in price to get a delux apartment as they are much more nicely decorated and well situated.

I have to say I am a Tenerife convertee, I think its a great place for children and temperature is fab for us in October.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now