January with 9 month old

(4 Posts)
givemeaclue Sun 18-Nov-12 18:53:40

No it would be fine, babies are very portable at that age

Interesting point about city breaks - maybe better when DS can enjoy spending a weekend with DGPs and DH and I can go for a night or two.

Tenerife is new favourite: weather and a lovely looking national park. Would a 4-5h flight kill us though??!

RayofSun Sat 17-Nov-12 19:51:54

We have been to both Dubai and Florida with our respective kids at 9 months. Go and enjoy while you can but just be realistic about your expectations with a lo. If they are not mobile that is great as you can do pretty much what you would do as a couple and try can be wheeled around in the pushchair. If they are mobile, you might struggle to do the city breaks and not be able to let them have the opportunity to crawl or oddly around during the day. We finally succumbed to the whole beach holiday concept when it became apparent that nobody was having fun trying to have an adult cultural holiday with children. So enjoy while you can! grin

I am heading back to work in February post may leave and DH has tonight suggested we go on holiday in January, with our 9 month old DS.

Long or short haul, 1 or 2 weeks, nothing over the top but a bit of warm weather and a few things to do. In general we are more city break types than beach babes.

What would you do and where would you recommend?(I have posted in long & short haul).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now