anyone know any cheap villas in the south of france or near a lake?

(9 Posts)
nowwearefour Wed 07-Nov-12 20:02:02

i am! Unfortunately doesnt look like any avail in summer hols next year satsuma. which towns/ villages are near it to google other places to stay? seems quite tricky to find! does anyone know of hourtin in France? looks like a lake and the beach....? it seems like a nice lake too!

fatsatsuma Wed 07-Nov-12 18:48:10

Yes, and the water is wonderful - really blue. Google it! We can't afford to go back to that villa sad but have toyed with the idea of camping on the shore of the lake as it's our favourite place in France.

nowwearefour Wed 07-Nov-12 18:31:34

looks amazing satsuma. can you swim in lac st croix

fatsatsuma Wed 07-Nov-12 18:28:02

we thought

fatsatsuma Wed 07-Nov-12 18:27:10

we stayed here in 2010. It's lovely. Inland, but quite near Lac St Croix which we like much more than the Med! I don't know what it would cost next year, but it was definitely under £1000 in 2010, and v good value we though.

bigbadbarry Wed 07-Nov-12 18:25:54

We flew to Barcelona (cheap) and drove North. It slept 9 of us though so sadly it would probably be too big for you. Was lovely though: if you find another family to share with give me a shout!

nowwearefour Wed 07-Nov-12 18:20:17

<hello> Yes just for the 4 of us. We are keen to be able to do swimming and cycling and generally be a bit 'active'. would it fit that bill? in terms of cheap, kind of depends but i know some people who have managed to get a villa for around £1000 for a week. trying to eek out a skiing holiday from the budget too this year but it isnt looking tooooo promising! would be interested in the details! did you fly or drive?

bigbadbarry Wed 07-Nov-12 13:56:09

(Hello). We stayed in a gorgeous villa this summer, about as South in France as you can get. What do you mean by cheap and is it just for the 4 of you?

nowwearefour Wed 07-Nov-12 13:22:35

a few friends seem to have been to villas far more cheaply than our eurocamp mobile home and so i thought i would look for recommendations! near water and cycling preferably!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now