Where still has decent weather in late oct/nov?

(22 Posts)
cheesesavory Mon 29-Oct-12 13:57:13

I am expecting dc2 in may, so not sure we will be up for a holiday till oct or November next year. Where will still be nice, is it just canaries really then?

Thanks

HowlingOScara Mon 29-Oct-12 14:01:50

Egypt.

Having spent a miserable wet & windy week in the Canaries in November, I'd never risk it again.

cheesesavory Mon 29-Oct-12 14:02:57

Don't know why I hadn't thought of Egypt! Thanks smile

Morocco?

dreamingofsun Mon 29-Oct-12 15:36:18

aug/sept would be ok surely? we always took our kids away to france when they were around a month old. much easier before they are mobile - though we did go on the ferry normally as easier than flying.

WelshWereRabbit Mon 29-Oct-12 16:05:04

Went to Madeira for the first week of November a few years ago when DS was 12.5 months and it was still warm - not sure if its more reliable weather wise than the canaries, or if we were just lucky.

gordonpym Thu 01-Nov-12 00:38:00

My sister is in Tenerife right now. Pouring rain

monsterchild Thu 01-Nov-12 00:55:11

New Mexico. It's about 22 during the day and above freezing at night. Beautiful tree colors too! Not typically a time we have rain or snow, not til later in November.

And lots of migrating birds!

dogrilla Thu 01-Nov-12 01:01:28

Went to Lanzarote last October and spent most evenings wrapped in all the clothes I'd packed because it was so cold. Was a good holiday though and v child friendly. Egypt a good option but watch out for food poisoning. We spent 48 hours too weak to leave the hotel room after shitting our guts out. How about Tunisia?

suebfg Thu 01-Nov-12 01:07:56

You will need to go to Egypt or further to ensure good weather. Had perfect weather in Egypt that time of year.

weegiemum Argentina Thu 01-Nov-12 01:10:08

We went to Barcelona in November once, it was lovely!

Alonglongway Thu 01-Nov-12 01:14:59

Spain is so baby friendly though - have v good memories of taking Nov born DD1 to costa del sol when she was 6 weeks old.

We just came back from barcelona. It was very variable. Two days of good 20C sunshine (though a bit drizzly but fine with a raincoat). And then two days of arctic wind!

I think you need somewhere on the equator or in the Southern Hemisphere for guarantee nice weather this time of year.

But yes Spain is sooo baby friendly. Everyone smiles and waves at our 19mo.

iseenodust Thu 01-Nov-12 10:58:48

Cyprus has good temperatures - we comfortably snorkelled on bonfire night.

cheesesavory Thu 01-Nov-12 17:22:39

Thanks for everyone's suggestions smile No way am I flying to the US with a 3yo and a 6m old though, I am not insane ;)

I may re-assess though and go in september because I think there will be a lot more choice about.

frenchfancy Thu 01-Nov-12 21:14:40

So baby will be 4 months in September? I would definately go then rather than waiting. 4 month olds are easy to travel with IMO. You've got over the fragile baby stage and they aren't weaned yet so you don't have to worry about food.

France is brilliant value the first week in September. The weather is still great but the prices are halved.

DorsetKnob Thu 01-Nov-12 21:16:09

Israel, Eilat is very chidlren friendly, safe swimming.

trinn Thu 01-Nov-12 21:20:06

Egypt, been there 2 years on the trot and I love it ok I go in July when it's hot hot hot, the people are amazing always smiling, very warm and friendly the hotel we go to always says 'welcome home' this year when we went the manager made sure we had tea and coffee making facilities, fresh milk on a daily basis. Nothing was too much trouble.

dreamingofsun Thu 01-Nov-12 21:27:51

cheese - where do you live? can you go across channel to france on a ferry or do you live in the north? agree with frenchfancy that france is great with kids. brittany is like cornwall without the tat and crowds. if you take your car you can load the boot with baby/kid crap.

the only downside we found with taking a 2 month old was that you had to decide on a name pretty quickly so you could get the passport organised

cheesesavory Fri 09-Nov-12 21:27:54

Up Norf so getting to dover is 6 hrs in itself (it took us 13 one year but that's a whole other story!!). Would rather fly really as not sure it's fair on the 3 year old to have all that driving.

hoodiemum Sat 15-Dec-12 12:36:06

We went to Turkey (Kalkan) in late Oct/early Nov. Two days of storm, and the rest beautiful beautiful weather. Nice not-crowded beaches, warm seas, warm evenings. Heaven. Only caveat, it gets dark around 5pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now