can anyone think of an area for me to look for villas? Spain/France/Italy/Portugal

(18 Posts)
Portofino Mon 29-Oct-12 11:51:37

How about Nerja in Spain?

dreamingofsun Mon 29-Oct-12 10:49:25

oh and i've also looked at italy (most villas are in the middle of nowhere) and france - again many are in the middle of nowhere or they are more expensive than algarve (found very nice one, but was 10K a week!!) or not walking distance to a beach.

dreamingofsun Mon 29-Oct-12 10:46:04

is the £5k for a week or two and is it during the school hols or not?

I feel your pain - i have just been through the same process for 5-6 people on a budget of 3-3.5k for 2 weeks.

Albefuera sounds like the pits but there are other nice resorts in portugal. i have found this to be the cheapest. Javea sounds great but i could't find any reasonably priced villas within walking distance to the sea/facilities. pollensa is very expensive and i'm surprised it could be that much nicer than decent resorts in the algarve. again sitges looked promising but very expensive - so i was looking at least attractive ones or in isolated areas.

so my suggestion is algarve. look on owners direct or holiday lettings.

tavira if you don't want water parks, lagos maybe if like more action. but there are lots of other good resorts as well

LowLevelWhinging Mon 29-Oct-12 08:47:14

Oh brilliant! Thanks for all these suggestions. Will have a mooch today.

botandhothered Mon 29-Oct-12 08:14:04

sorry just saw you need a HUGE place. Wow, no wonder you are struggling! Maybe 3 villas next to each other, but VERY expensive!!!

SorrelForbes Mon 29-Oct-12 08:13:37

Try VRBO. Have you considered the Tavira area of Portugal?

botandhothered Mon 29-Oct-12 08:11:56

Menorca. villa panarama. Villa Genestar. villa Ona. Or two villas next to each other? All on James villas website.

noddyholder Mon 29-Oct-12 07:58:36

Solmar villas I have health to,consider and good hospital in mahon

noddyholder Mon 29-Oct-12 07:55:32

Binibeca ?

Whyriskit Mon 29-Oct-12 07:52:59

We normally go to Pollensa/Puerto Pollensa in an extended family group. Have used both Sealand Villas and Villa Parade who are both good.

LowLevelWhinging Mon 29-Oct-12 07:48:02

Around 5k limit I think. Ish.

Need a place to sleep 14-16 so James villas are too small or not right for other reasons.

Is vintage travel very spendy then? grin

hf128219 Mon 29-Oct-12 07:37:06

Do you have a budget in mind.? Www.vintagetravel.co.uk is nice

I assume you have looked at James villas?

LowLevelWhinging Mon 29-Oct-12 07:30:36

Thanks, i'll have a look at vilamoura. I was avoiding Portugal because of bad experience- albufeira. It's a bit grotty isn't it?

So it's good to hear there are nice parts!

Viperidae Sun 28-Oct-12 22:31:42

What about Portugal? Vilamoura area is nice, has a marina with shops and restaurants. Some lovely places on that coast but avoid Albufeira, that's the egg and chips bit.

LowLevelWhinging Sun 28-Oct-12 22:25:24

yup. ownersdirect has been fine tooth combed.

Corfu not an option as too far (travelling with babies) and some health needs so we need to be accessible to big city hospitals. Thanks though ChatRouge smile

LeChatRouge Sun 28-Oct-12 21:03:36

Is Corfu an option?

LeChatRouge Sun 28-Oct-12 21:01:06

Have you looked on Owners Direct?

LowLevelWhinging Sun 28-Oct-12 20:56:41

We feel like we've looked at every villa in the world but...

Our number one priority is to be walking distance to stuff, i.e. shops/bars restaurants. We are several families so need a big villa and that's where we're struggling.

So far we've found some in:

Sitges (near Barcelona)
Javea, Costa Del Sol

So can you think of any other resorts that are touristy enough to have a big villa market and lots of amenities nearby?

trying to avoid egg and chips really.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now