is there enough to do at the balearic islands in april?

(7 Posts)
Fluffy1234 Tue 06-Nov-12 12:25:13

I also went to Iberostar Cala Barca but I went this August for four nights pre cruise and I thought it was a very good family friendly hotel. Excellent evening entertainment and I definitely enjoyed the cocktails and unlimited Baileys in the evening!

vodopad13 Fri 26-Oct-12 21:39:06

It was in Mallorca. Lovely weather and only rained once in 9 days.

vodopad13 Fri 26-Oct-12 21:37:23

We went to iberostar cala barca last year about the same time as u are planning to go, hotel was nearly full. They've just opened for a new season and there were kids disco and shows for grown ups every night!

diabolo Fri 26-Oct-12 11:43:42

The season in Menorca doesn't really start until 1st May - you might find it too quiet in a resort before then.

sunnyday123 Tue 23-Oct-12 23:20:48

We went cala for mid June last year, was really lovely. StAyed at the Barcelo right on the beach - the best cove in cala dor IMO! Its fab and round the corner from some trampolines, inflatables etc. no 'real' centre I found but did enjoy. However even in June it rained 5 out of 10 days sad

Puerto pollens a is lovely but v quiet and max 1 week I'd say? Stayed at the Valentin puerto azul suites hotel - best place for kids ive stayed in! My dds loved it!

LeftTheBlimminWashingOutAgain Tue 23-Oct-12 12:29:21

also like the look of cala d'or in majorca

LeftTheBlimminWashingOutAgain Tue 23-Oct-12 12:17:00

looking for a holiday for april next year (just after the schools go back from easter holidays). we want some sun but we are not big sun bathers, warm but not boiling would be ideal for us. we have looked at the balearic islands and i like the look of cala n bosch in menorca but have a feeling it will be way too quiet that time of year! we don't want anything really tacky but we want something to do in the evenings (we will have a 3 year old with us who loves nothing more than a good old kids disco). basically we want a LOVELY resort with a nice atmosphere but not rowdy. in april. any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now