Malta in late October or very early November

(6 Posts)
MaltaCovered Thu 15-Nov-12 10:03:02

Malta is certainly a lot warmer than most places at the moment. In late Oct, early Nov, you can expect perhaps 3-4 days of warm pleasant weather, followed by a couple of days where it is overcast. Here are a few helpful links which we use over here to give you a better indication:
weather.maltairport.com/en/5-day-forecast.htm
www.windfinder.com/forecast/luqa

Sliema is a great place to visit this time of year, with shops at your door step, beaches, bars and restaurants at every corner. If your looking for Soul with some sunshine, Malta is one of the better odds you can get.

I hope this helps, make sure you check out www.maltacovered.com if you go..

Ruthiebabes Thu 25-Oct-12 20:14:40

Looking at the historical data on the weather website wunderground.com it should be low 20s. Sounds alright to me.. loads warmer than here anyway!!!

sanserif Thu 25-Oct-12 20:04:48

Oh, ok. I thought it would at least be in the 20s just not maybe the high 20s.

gordonpym Thu 25-Oct-12 12:09:21

Malta is freezing at that time of the year. We went there, don't know, 10 years ago, and we weren't prepared at all for the weather. Cold, rain, ...

dukeofhazard69 Tue 23-Oct-12 13:18:57

We went to Malta last year in June and it is crazy expensive out there, the Euro messed it all up. Taxi's cost a fortune so would deffo hire a car. We went to Mellieha Bay, and there wasn't much going on in Summer so now Id guess it would be like a ghost town. The Popeye place will deffo be closed I would've thought. So your best bet would be to aim for the capital (Valleta region) or Buggiba town, we drove through here and wished we'd stayed there, looked a lot busier.

Canaries are what they are... and costs a fortune to fly there annoyingly. Lanzarote will be the coldest as it gets all the wind. Teneriffe is your best bet.

sanserif Mon 22-Oct-12 21:04:26

Will it still be warm enough to swim during the day? We went to the Lake District this summer and I'm really craving some sun before winter kicks in with a vengeance. Also, we don't want to have to hire a car. Another option seems to be the Canary Islands but they're quite pricey and it seems a bit soulless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now