Help me plan a Bavarian (German) Christmas market holiday with a wheelchair

(5 Posts)
anamaria22 Sat 15-Sep-12 07:42:24

The Christmas market in Nürnberg is really nice. Munich also has a lovely one. Flights to both from the uk. Public transport in Germany is very good so I wouldn't drive.

HolidayNamechange Wed 12-Sep-12 10:48:46

Thankyou very much, ill have a look

doradoo Tue 11-Sep-12 20:06:32

Post on www.toytowngermany.com - it's a website for expats in Germany - lots of them in munich and they should be able to help - I'm in Essen and have done the christmas markets with a pushchair and it was not that easy as they get very busy - but I'm sure you'll find the right place.

HolidayNamechange Tue 11-Sep-12 18:41:10

Any recommendations for where to stay around Munich?

HolidayNamechange Mon 10-Sep-12 22:21:09

Name changed incase my lovely friends work me out quite easily.

Me and DH have had a hell of a year and its DH 30th birthday this December. Secretly got out if him that he'd like to go to Bavaria somewhere around Christmas.
We've not been on holiday since honeymoon (and that was in the UK 5 years ago) so I want to take home away this December to somewhere in Bavaria, prob 2nd week of December. Either for 4 days or a week.

So if anyone has any suggestions and could help me would he greatly appreciated. I use a wheelchair so that might make things difficult?
We are UK based and would just be me and DH going.
Would you recommend taking ferry and car, or flying? And could we get around on public transport or need to hire a car.
I.e. where is best to stay area
Type of accommodation
which markets
Other tourist things to see?
Anyone who has been any other recommendations.

Think I'm going to get him to book that time off then plan it as a surprise letting him know when its all booked :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now