villa recommendations for toddler in lanzarote

(12 Posts)
Hollybe Wed 31-Oct-12 14:05:44

Who did you book your holiday rental in Lanzarote with the end? you'll have to let me know how you got on cause we want to go with the kids in the easter break. Holly

highlandbird Wed 29-Aug-12 08:43:16

yipeee, that's us booked from the 4th to the 18th, can't wait!!! Enjoy your holiday, I can't wait to see some sun grin

My DH is also a bit hmm but less so now we have booked a holiday out of it!

thank you thank you thank you thanks

franticallyjugglinglife Tue 28-Aug-12 22:35:06

Great... glad to be of service! I'll ask Dawn for my introducer fee later ;)

I'll save this thread and post again when we're there if I think there's anything you should know... We're there for the two weeks previously - I can't wait!

MN definitely has its uses - despite DH's excessive hmm every time I log on grin

highlandbird Tue 28-Aug-12 19:48:38

ha ha frantically just been on the phone to the owner looks like we're in after you wink looks like a great villa, love mn for stuff like this!!! Dh was so impressed that anyone took the time to respond!!
Holly seems I cross posted with you this morning, sorry didn't mean to be rude! That villa also looks gorgeous, especially the hot tub, but from what i remember the weather is a wee bit nicer in playa blanca than in puerto del carmen in the winter....might be wrong though!

franticallyjugglinglife Tue 28-Aug-12 18:53:54

You're welcome smile

We have the first one booked until 3rd nov... You may be in just after us!

Hope it works out!

highlandbird Tue 28-Aug-12 09:33:54

frantically thank you so so so much, I seem to have spent hours searching and not found anything suitable, despite looking at the same website!!! Those places look fab I've already sent some emails off. smile
Failing that we're just going to get somewhere with a nice private garden and communal pool.

Hollybe Tue 28-Aug-12 09:24:53

Hi thats a great time to go we went a couple of years ago, weather was great and not too busy either we booked our villa with www.ownersrentals.com. The kids loved the pool and we all had a great time here where we stayed www.ownersrentals.com/property/973.html the location was great and Ann the owners were really helpful. Good luck and have a good time.
Holly

franticallyjugglinglife Mon 27-Aug-12 21:43:25

Hi. We have same worries, and I refuse to book somewhere without a fenced off pool.... we have booked this one for October.

And we stayed here a few years back with our toddler, and they certainly had a removable fence then - maybe worth enquiring? It's on a complex, but quiet and v close to marina, and a nice walk on the promenade into town

This one also looks ok? here??

Hope that helps smile

highlandbird Sat 25-Aug-12 14:58:22

Hi there, thanks both for your advice, there seem to be plenty of villas available for then but none with a gated pool sad think I'll go for your advice 2munchkins and go for one with a communal pool but a private garden, bet it'll be bloody freezing though, the wee private pools are usually heated. We stayed in a lovely villa in playa blanca last year but not sure I can cope with the stress of watching DS that closely 24/7......I don't think a cover would deter him either!! Thanks again.

zanp Tue 21-Aug-12 20:46:55

We went last year with DS aged 3 and DD aged 18 mths and stayed in a villa in playa blanca managed by a company recommended to me on here - www.lanzarotelates.com. They have a couple of villas with gated/fenced off pools which was perfect as there was no risk of children falling in and gates could be locked when not in use. Hope you find something good!

2munchkins Mon 20-Aug-12 12:46:39

Hi I went to Lanzarote with my twins when they were two and was really worried about a villa with a pool which wasn't gate. Seemed really difficult to find one which was gated so we ended up with a lovely villa in Playa Blanca (lovely resort) which had a pool cover which we kept on most of the time and took it up when we were all outside and they could be supervised. We also used the sunbeds as a barrier! We did see a complex close by which we thought would have a been a good alternative as you get your own terrace and communal pool:

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/C381.htm

November is a really popular time so might be quite difficult to fine something suitable now anyway but hope you do.

highlandbird Mon 20-Aug-12 09:32:59

We're planning on going to lanzarote in november with DS who will be 20 months, and am just worrying slightly that I won't ever be able to take my eyes off him if we hire a villa with a pool. We would like a pool and would spend a lot of time in it, but would like to relax outside sometimes without worry of DS throwing himself in....

we went with him in february when he was 11 months, and could 'block off' the pool area with a sun lounger on its side against the gap between 2 terraces (if that makes sense?), he wasn't on the move much then, and never tried to get past it, so you could read a book while he was there playing with his ball and not worry too much (but obviously keeping an eye all the same).
There is no way that would work now, he climbs everything and is really active and nosy, I feel like I would spend my whole time on edge (and I will be 4 months pg).

So, have been trawling the internet for villas with gated pools (or a seperate walled outdoor area) and can't find much that isn't 5 bedroomed or 'luxury' ie. really expensive.

So, mumsnetters, any of you been and got any villa reccomendaions for me? Or am I asking the impossible???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now