Summer French Alps Family Holiday

(10 Posts)
TeamBrown Sun 19-Aug-12 18:18:32

Has anyone got any recommendations for a young family holiday in the French Alps? Seems to be lots of catered chalets offering hols in ski season, but alot of them in the summer seem only available if you book the whole thing re: large family/friends etc - there are only 3 of us! Les Gets and Morzine look like nice family holidays, but would prefer catered chalet or hotel rather than self catering. Also like airport transfers than self drive (less hassle!) Looking for somewhere close to town/village but with loads of walking, biking activities too and of course very young child friendly. Can't afford a fortune either not looking to spend over £1500 for a week - too much to ask for? Thanks

SummerLightning Mon 20-Aug-12 09:15:23

Have you tried Neilson/esprit/club med etc as I think they do catered chalets/hotels with childcare attached in the summer in the mountains. I looked at Esprit for this summer - you had to get there yourself but easy enough to fly and get a transfer I would have thought rather than self drive. We went self catered in the end but we were sharing with another family so 10 of us. Worked really well but we found it hard to find childcare so we could do a couple of days biking.
Oh and esprit don't do morzine/les gets I don't think but one of the other outfits might.
Price wise you might struggle for 1500 though maybe you could get a last
min deal for 3.

SummerLightning Mon 20-Aug-12 16:50:09

Though I would be interested in any other more interesting suggestions anyone has as this is just the kind of holiday I would be after for next summer <watches>

TeamBrown Wed 22-Aug-12 09:41:38

Hi thanks for your reply. We are looking for next year in June so hopefully would be able to get a deal for our budget. I think we will go down the self flights, transfers, self catering route. We can get flights from Exeter to Geneva, transfers to Morzine. Hubby has found a fantastic 5 star apartment on trip advisor rated 20th on their list but everyone seems to be raving about it, will email for costs but think its about 750 euros for the week and close to walks and village olympic size swimming pool! I haven't tried esprit though so will have a look to see where they go, what they offer. Many thanks

hf128219 Thu 23-Aug-12 07:42:29
TeamBrown Thu 23-Aug-12 08:21:13

Thanks will check them out aswell

SummerLightning Thu 23-Aug-12 10:43:42

They look great - have heard of them for the winter. Would like to go to Morzine in the summer when not pregnant so I could do some proper biking. Thanks from me too!

TeamBrown Wed 29-Aug-12 20:01:30

Also found another company Alpine Retreats which are good value and organise everything inc flights, transfers, free kids clubs and catered accommodation who operate in Morzine and Les Gets. Hopefully all going well ours will be 4 months old by then so no cycling for us but lots of walking! Looking forward to it!

TheLightPassenger Wed 29-Aug-12 20:15:39

might be worth considering Austrian Tirol or Italy for lakes and mountains type package holidays, they run in the ski resorts in summer, and would have hotel, transfers etc included.

Wifepot Mon 04-Feb-13 12:02:55

Hi
You might have already booked but have a look at www.alpsinstyle.com or here on owners direct http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/france/FR505.htm

They are an amazing private family run Chalet that will totally shape your holiday to exactly how you want or need it. It's in a beautiful location with lots of outdoor activities for parents and kids.

We had a fantastic time with them when my boys were 8 weeks and 2 and it was so relaxing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now