Center Parcs Les Bois Francs - anyone been?

(14 Posts)
Gorran Tue 10-Jul-12 11:06:19

Looking at a cheap week away in the holidays and thinking of CP in Europe - has anyone been here? Would you recommend?

How does it compare to UK CP?

Thank you

jenpetronus Tue 10-Jul-12 12:09:23

We've been three times (live in France)
I'd say the main differences are less "organised" activities - there are some but nothing like UK (have only been to Longleat and Sherwood in the UK) but you can check what there is online. The food is better, the accommodation depends on what you have - some are refurbished and very very nice, some are rather tired. And it's much cheaper! Let me know if you need any specifics

ClaireBunting Fri 13-Jul-12 15:07:50

We were there two years ago.

I found it very run-down and dirty, tbh. We have been to two other CP in Europe, so was very disappointed with this one.

PoppyWearer Fri 13-Jul-12 15:11:17

OP, there was a thread on CP Europe last week I think, some great tips on there.

I do remember someone saying to avoid Les Bois as it is run down. Les Aillettes supposed to be better?

PoppyWearer Fri 13-Jul-12 15:12:48

Previous thread.

Gorran Fri 13-Jul-12 21:25:49

Thank you, will read the other thread now.

frenchfancy Sat 14-Jul-12 09:06:23

It looks to me like the Trois Forêts would be the best bet at the moment. It is the newest park in France and they have offers on in August for 1091€ for a family of 4

I quite fancy it myself.

Jendo Sat 14-Jul-12 12:52:44

Hi we stayed in lac d'ailette center pqrcs last year and really enjoyed it. We were an extended family group with 10 kids from 1-10. I had looked at them all and thought it seemed best when looking at trip advisor reviews etc.
We stayed in the premium accommodation having heard some bad things about state of basic and we liked it- I would call it relatively basic but it was clean and a nice size. They are little duplex houses in that park which is different to some of the others.
We rented bikes to get around as park is huge mad there was lots on (horse riding,pools, kids clubs etc).
We had a lovely holiday but there write a few downsides:
- the staff really weren't great, not very helpful (a lot of shrugging) and not much catering for English speaking folk despite there being a lot of us onsite)
- there's a lot of older teenage groups seem to go for holidays together so it was a bit rowdy in spots, perhaps not just as good for younger kids
- as the pools are all under cover, if you do have good weather it's a bit wasted
- its a bit like going to the local swimming baths rather than going to spend the day vaya holiday pool if they makes sense (all lockers, changing rooms etc) and therefore hard just to wander up to for a bit.

It was nice and relatively good price but be careful as onsite is incredibly expensive (shops, restaurants, supermarkets, all the activities). We enjoyed but just be aware of the niggles...hope that helps.

ClaireBunting Sat 14-Jul-12 15:24:20

It is funny how we come away with similar but opposite views of Lac d'Ailette, Jenda.

Maybe it is the ages of our children?

We were there in 2008, when my youngest was 6. I thought the little kid activities looked great, but she was just too old. They had a great soft play area, as well as good toddler facilities in the pool. Meanwhile, my eldest was 16, and he didn't connect with any teen activities. There was no core of football loving teenagers on site when we were there, and the football pitch was very 'rustic'.

Our cottage was characterful compared to the standard CP floor plan, and we had a lovely setting.

Playdoughcaterpillar Wed 08-Jun-16 13:44:38

Bumping this thread in case anyone has been recently and has any advice?

thatsthewayitgoes Wed 17-Aug-16 20:50:08

We went last October. Loved it. Think UK sites at a fraction of the cost with French food and drink. winewinewine

pinkchampagne1 Wed 17-Aug-16 21:16:04

My friend has just come back from Les Bois and really enjoyed it. She did say that she was told that it was one of the older ones in France and a little more run down than the others. She stayed in a VIP lodge and said her accommodation was nice.

We are off to De Vossemeren in Belgium next Monday. It has only cost us £399 for 4 nights in a VIP lodge compared to over £1000 for the same 4 nights in Elveden!

chocoholic1234 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:40:57

We went last year, and loved it. For a relatively cheap holiday, it's ideal. Lots for the kids to do (the soft play is amazing and free), and lots of variety with the water slides so something for all ages. It's not as polished as the British Center parcs, but that didn't bother us. We had read some awful reviews, so went with low expectations, but we all had a brilliant time, and our lodge was great (I think we got one of the refurbished lodges, so can't comment on the others).

chocoholic1234 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:43:01

Argh, ignore my post - I went to Le lac d'ailette, not Le Bois.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now