Please help me find a holiday (or come talk to me about the Canaries)!

(16 Posts)
theoriginalandbestrookie Thu 27-Sep-12 22:08:03

Hi the Anthelia has one freshwater pool and one sea water pool. I think the freshwater one is a bit heated - not sure you could probably find out on the website, not sure as well if its a shallow pool DS can swim quite well so I can't remember if there is a shallow end.

bzzbee Wed 26-Sep-12 13:10:19

Hello

I'm looking for an Oct/Nov holiday and similar to the messages above I am finding the Bahia Del Duque a bit too pricey.
Please cna you tell me if the Iberostar Anthelia has heated pools and shallow/children's pools?

Thanks in advance

rookiemater Thu 03-Nov-11 18:20:29

Hi myron,the Anthelia isn't cheap, I don't know if better discounts will come out, maybe in January ? I know I was looking around Christmas last time.

For half board its worth noting that there are lots of restaurants in walking distance and some are fairly inexpensive, if you pay for the restaurant at the hotel it is 28 euros per adult and half price for children per evening so it depends how much of a discount you are getting as to wether its worth going half board.

Enjoy, its lovely, if you have any other questions then will be happy to answer.

myron Thu 03-Nov-11 14:22:08

rookiemater - can I ask when you made your booking for the Anthelia? Are better offers/discounts likely to come out after Xmas? I've got a direct quote for 1 wk HB for interconnecting family rooms coming in at £2.5K (excludes flights) which seems steep for end of May/beg of June. Thanks in advance.

GothAnneGeddes Sun 30-Oct-11 11:04:33

Lisa Is the Luabay nice? What's the surrounding area like?

rookiemater Fri 28-Oct-11 19:33:31

Thanks Lisa2. I will tell you where is not lovely! We got the bus from outside La Isla Bonita for Aqualand and popped in because DH wanted a coffee, so grim all concrete and no views, did not look 4 star in any way.

I love Costa Adeje, we ate most nights at La Torre Del Mirador with the twinkly lights.

Lisa2 Fri 28-Oct-11 09:53:56

I am soglad you had a great time at the anthelia.
I did feel confident that you would as it is just so lovely. x

rookiemater Tue 25-Oct-11 22:11:26

We are just back from the Anthelia. It was marvellous, we stayed in a duplex suite, which was perfect for a family with one small child as we slept upstairs and the lounge sofa was made up for DS.
The room was gorgeous, breakfast buffet was the best I have ever seen, 5 star service with turndown every night. There is a free childrens club - not sure about the under 3's, DS refused to go apart from when I went with him to the foam party, that was amazing, great location beside th ebeach as well.

Lisa2 thanks so much for recommending it, looking at going again next year already !

Lisa2 Sat 22-Oct-11 00:39:57

Hi there.
I live and work in Tenerife and have my own small childcare business.

I have worked in several of the hotels in the south of the island.

Have a look at-

Sheriton la caleta
costa adeje palace
Noelia sur
Iberostar Anthelia
Bahia princess
Guyarmina princess.

If you are looking for something specific, do let me know and i will try to help you the best that i can.

Lisa.

Rosa Fri 07-Oct-11 09:35:45

We are aiming to go in February but we will be booking direct not via a tour operator as we are coming from Italy. I think we will be swinging to the Tacande unless I can find something in Maspolamas. The Faro side as it was that bit quieter than the other side of teh dunes and more our scene of things. Will let you know what we book . I have been trailing Trip Advisior to try to get ideas but yet have to take the plunge !

BBC4lover Thu 06-Oct-11 20:19:57

Oh Rosa, I am so glad I am not alone (but really feel for you!) I will certainly tell you if we manage to book anywhere. Likewise will you tell me when you do? When are you looking to go?

Rosa Wed 05-Oct-11 20:46:39

You sound just like me !!!!We are looking at the Grand Hotel Tacande....The Del Duque is out of our budget in fact I sent a message to Lisa1 another MN who lives in Tenerife. asking for ideas.... We like the Anthelia as well but as we want 14 nights its a bit steep !
The other area we were looking at is Gran Can in Maspalomas the other side of the Dunes as it looked nice a few years ago but you need a hotel not far from the Faro or its steep walk from the beach. Come back and say what you find !!!( please)

BBC4lover Wed 05-Oct-11 20:32:57

Gosh, thanks for the replies. Off to look at the iberostar anthelia ... We don't want to go over Christmas and New Year...

mel38 Mon 03-Oct-11 20:51:31

the hotel iberostar anthelia is now run my the manager that was at the yaiza in playa blanca so i am sure its fantastic x but the yaiza is lovely and a great location on a good beach and a nice walk into a lovely town .............

rookiemater Sun 02-Oct-11 21:57:24

We looked at Bahia Del Duque and it looked gorgeous but so pricey. On recommendation here we are going to the Hotel Iberostar Anthelia which is just a couple of minutes down the road and is either 5 star or 4 star and meant to be brilliant for children.

If you go onto the Iberostar website then you will get the best prices, over christmas and NY its very expensive.

BBC4lover Thu 29-Sep-11 21:01:25

Help, I really need someone to take me in hand!

Pre DS (now nearly 3), DH and I travelled extensively. Usually last minute and more often than not, nice (5*) hotels.

We are looking for some winter sun and want to go away either the first 2 weeks in December or the first 2 weeks in January (I would prefer January though). We want short haul as our little angel is 'spirited' and I am not sure would manage too long on a plane so are looking at the Canaries. We would like some things for him to do - creche / play area etc. - but do not want to spend too much as we have a number of other financial obligations this year.

I keep going back to the Princesa Yaiza in Lanzarote and the Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque in Tenerife but the prices are so high!! Are there any cheaper, but nice (OK, I know I won't get 5*) hotels with good play areas (but not at the expense of adult comfort)? Can anyone recommend any websites I should be looking at for discounts?

I have to admit, I have never really considered the Canaries so don't know much about them and can't even narrow down to a particular island let alone resort.

Please, someone help me! Thank in advance ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now