Non-staining sunscreen, does it exist?

(11 Posts)
Weebunny Mon 18-Apr-11 21:58:51

Hi,, can anyone recommend a non-staining sunscreen which will not ruin my baby's clothes?

cheekeymonkey Tue 19-Apr-11 12:30:31

I always used boots baby suncream as dd allergic to most brands. Never had any staining problems and used it on many hols

Praguemum Sun 15-Apr-12 18:18:17

Would love an answer to this too! Nivea is a nightmare. Some leaked onto a white sundress and nothing would get it out. Tried bleach, Vanish, but nothing worked.

snail1973 Sat 21-Apr-12 18:46:52

Not sure if I'd use it on a baby, but on my toddler and 5 yr old I always use the spray on stuff. I first found it in USa but you can now buy the Banana Boat one in Boots. Soooooo much easier than cream and you don't get stains because it isn't sticky icky cream

Gigondas Sat 21-Apr-12 18:49:59

Watching with interest as also lost track of stained clothes

MaryBS Fri 04-May-12 17:11:20

Not had any problem with the Piz buin once, but that only goes up to a SPF 30. I've never had a problem with the boots baby stuff either, although its a while since mine were babies grin

togpogle Tue 07-May-13 14:10:43

Drum roll please......Calypso Once a Day! I promise it doesn't stain. It does state on the tube that it doesn't stain. I've chucked away some of my little girls white blouses, dresses and tops that had irremovable yellow stains round the necks and arms & I'm armed with everyting from vanish to a blow torch (lol). I love my girls wearing white in Summer, they've had so many pretty dresses handed down to them that I wanted them to wear so I was determind to find one that didn't stain. Found Calypso in Tesco last year, it was half price but Asda sells it at a permanently cheaper price anyway (£5 at the mo). It comes in factor 20, 30 & 40. I would normally use a 50 for my youngest who is very pale but last year she was 2 and the factor 40 was petfect. It lasts for 6 hours so I send them off to Nursery/School knowing they're covered for the riskiest part of the day & they have no stains on their shirts or pretty dresses at weekends. X

I've wanted non-staining stuff for years. Once again, MN knows best.

Thankyou tog, Calypso here I come!

Frenelder Sun 12-May-13 14:03:25

I'm so happy I found this thread I thought sun cream stains were a fact of life! Calypso for me now thank you

Bunbaker Mon 20-May-13 09:17:36

Great. I wear white because it suits me, but have had to ditch a few tops.

Bunbaker Mon 20-May-13 19:03:49

I went out and bought some today. However, the forecast for our holiday isn't great so it may not see the light of day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now