Anyone done Center Parcs Germany with skiing?

(6 Posts)
pugsandseals Sat 01-Jan-11 18:09:42

DD will be only a year away from her first school skiing trip at the time of our next holiday. Am considering the Hochsauerland park as they say they do a couple of days skiing at the nearby Winterberg resort. Am not keen on skiing myself so was wondering if DH took her on these activities we might get a bit of both worlds - DD gets to try skiing before her trip, we all get a nice center parcs holiday in December.

Any experiences please? Also, do they do the whole Christmassy thing in Europe like they do over here? Would be our first European center parcs...

TIA

ascouser Sun 02-Jan-11 16:55:39

love to tag onto this...didn't know it was possible..

inthesticks Mon 03-Jan-11 15:52:29

De Kempervennan in Holland has an indoor ski slope on site.
We've done center parcs in Holland a few times but not in winter.

pugsandseals Mon 03-Jan-11 16:06:11

Was it a good site inthesticks ?

One of our main reasons for not going back to the UK ones at the moment is the lack of kidsclub type activities beyond the age of 8. This means that unless we get a babysitter (bit boring for DD) we don't get to use the spa which is something we like to do at least once per visit!

inthesticks Mon 03-Jan-11 17:23:35

Sorry, I've never used kids clubs on holidays so I couldn't help there. My boys did various sporting activities such as climbing and rafting. The staff were all multilingual and conducted the instructions in Dutch, German and English.
The European Center Parcs are almost identical to the UK ones in lay out but are owned by a different company. I found them to be a little in need of some updating but they are of course vastly cheaper than the UK ones.

anneyc Sun 07-Feb-16 10:11:47

Removing the zombie.. Interested to find out if anyone has been to parc Hochsauerland? Close to Winterberg and Willengen resorts. We're going for half term and would be interested to hear your experiences?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now