St. Christopher, St. Francis (Letchworth) for sixth form?

(4 Posts)
SG29 Fri 25-Nov-16 15:20:47

Does anybody have any views about what it would be like joining one of these schools for sixth form? (My DC's school ends at 16.) Are they fairly welcoming, or more "closed" kinds of schools where somebody joining at this age would be left feeling excluded?

We understand the difference between the two schools in terms of how structured/traditional and academic they are, but are wondering specifically about what they might be like to join at this stage.

MollyHuaCha Fri 25-Nov-16 15:29:01

One of DC's teachers last yr had recently left St Christopher and said it wd have been a great place for our child - exceptional pastoral care apparently. But the location of the sch wasn't right for us.

MrsFilthPacket Sun 27-Nov-16 19:43:01

DD2 is at St Chris - I understand that there is quite a bit of inward and outward flow at sixth form, so I don't think your DC would be coming into an exclusive, "cliquey" group. DD2 is staying for sixth form, but a fair few of her friends are going elsewhere (London based kids often prefer to do sixth form in London, others are doing vocational courses at local colleges etc etc).

SG29 Wed 30-Nov-16 12:14:17

Thanks for your replies, that sounds encouraging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now