Project trust

(5 Posts)
hobbema Fri 04-Nov-16 20:03:56

DS just signed up for summer selection next year. Any experiences to share?

whataboutbob Sun 13-Nov-16 16:28:27

That brings back memories- tried to get in 30 years ago, got to the selection at the scottish island stage. They want bouncy, uncomplicated, positive persons, it's not the place to get all teenagery and emote about your inner angst. I did somewhat and they didn't take me. My best friend got in. It was my 1st real experience of rejection (insert sad faced emoticon). Good luck!

3nationsfamily Sun 13-Nov-16 16:33:05

A friends DS is going next year, he said that lots of the girls in his selection group got rejected as they were not sufficiently independent and too reliant on mobiles/social media.

whataboutbob Sun 13-Nov-16 16:35:52

If "mad major" Bristol MacLean is still going i can well imagine him taking a very dim view of social media.

hobbema Sun 13-Nov-16 20:56:00

thank you bob and nations! I'm reassured by the longevity of the organisation; they must be doing something right to be still around...DS just had the school and personal reference questions through and you're right. They seem to want to know if you're a robust selfstarter ( which is kind of the point of doing a thing like this www.mumsnet.com/emo/te/11.gif.pagespeed.ce.w3SwuqwArR.gif
DS refreshingly unconnected

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now