Dorothy Stringer, Brighton. Great reputation, but what is it really like for SEN?

(5 Posts)
WantsAnHonestAnswer Mon 24-Oct-16 21:55:21

We are lucky to be in the catchment for Dorothy Stringer and Varndean. I know several parents whose children have gone to Varndean in recent years, so have got the inside track on what that is like.

However, I don't know anyone that has a child with SEN who goes to Dorothy Stringer. Is this because it is only good for children who are academically able? I'd really like to hear from anyone whose child goes there or has gone there in recent years. Are they any good with SEN? Anything I should be aware of?

Obviously, I only have a few days left to fill out the form, and I just don't know. DS is sporty, so Dorothy Stringer appeals, but not if is rubbish/not experienced with SEN. Help!! Thank you.

WantsAnHonestAnswer Wed 26-Oct-16 18:36:46

Any Dorothy Stringer parents got a view? Not just SEN, but the school in general perhaps?

littlequestion Sun 30-Oct-16 17:32:04

Suggest you post in the Brighton local section, as you are more likely to get a response there

WantsAnHonestAnswer Mon 31-Oct-16 19:09:20

Hiya
Thanks for your suggestion. I did consider posting in the Brighton local section but it is barely used, unlike Secondary education. I was hoping sheer volume of passing people might unearth some Dorothy Stringer parents!

Perhaps very few parents whose children have SEN choose Dorothy Stringer? hmm I bet a fair few parents from the school are on here wink

WantsAnHonestAnswer Mon 31-Oct-16 19:16:17

Hiya
Thanks for your suggestion. I did consider posting in the Brighton local section but it is barely used, unlike Secondary education. I was hoping sheer volume of passing people might unearth some Dorothy Stringer parents!

Perhaps very few parents whose children have SEN choose Dorothy Stringer? hmm I bet a fair few parents from the school are on here wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now