Burnham Grammar

(8 Posts)
sweta10 Fri 21-Oct-16 07:54:08

Is there a chance to get a place in Burnham Grammar School with passing score from Reading? has anyone face the situation before?

poisonedbypen Fri 21-Oct-16 07:57:42

I don't know the school but if you look on the Bucks County Council website it should show you how far away people get places from. I am in Bucks and would be surprised if you would get a place from so far away. No harm in putting it on your list, though. You might get lucky.

PawWavingCat Fri 21-Oct-16 08:32:41

So your DS has passed the "cut off" mark for Reading, but maybe not high enough to secure a place there? And you're considering Burnham as second choice?

If I understand that correctly; are you sure you want to commit him to the commute for the next 5 / 7 years?

Is a grammar school (any grammar school he can get into) really worth the disruption, time, money and energy he and you will have to spend?

Are your local schools so dire that your son will not achieve academic success at any of them?

SaltyMyDear Sun 23-Oct-16 13:46:20

Did you sit the Bucks 11+?

Are you asking if passing the Reading 11+ allows you to apply for Bucks schools? I'm fairly sure it doesn't, but I guess it's always worth contacting them to find out.

Probably also worth contacting Upton Court Grammar. They're normally not oversubscribed, and the Slough 11+ is the same as the Reading 11+

Maladicta Sun 23-Oct-16 20:05:35

The only way to get into a Bucks grammar at 11+ is to take the Bucks test. The furthest place allocated for entry this year was 10.5 miles.

sweta10 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:10:14

Thanks for all ur response.. but there is some confusion.. we live in reading..my DS didn't passed the reading school 11plus but he passed bucks11plus with good score..i am just wondering if there is any chance for him to get in burnham grammar as that is the only bucks grammar school near reading town..has anyone been offered place in burnham before?

SaltyMyDear Tue 25-Oct-16 12:21:33

If he passed the bucks 11+ then it's worth applying. There is always a chance he'll get in.

You can find out online what the last distance offered for Burnham was last year.

But the distance this year could be different.

SaltyMyDear Tue 25-Oct-16 12:25:19

Last year burnham offered to a distance of 10.5 miles.

services.buckscc.gov.uk/school-admissions/schools/137564

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now