CAT test confusion

(2 Posts)
Mrssjo Tue 18-Oct-16 16:10:21

Hello there, I wondered if anyone could help me out with a quick question about cat tests, my son sat his cat tests today and told me that he did three tests, verbal, non verbal and quantative reasoning and within those 3 tests he had to complete 3 section where some of his friends had to complete 2 sections in each, so according to him he did 9 tests but some of his friends only did 6. So I'm a little confused as to why this would be, I thought they all did the same tests. Thank you.

OdinsLoveChild Wed 19-Oct-16 14:55:11

I would assume that different levels of student would have tests more tailored to their expected levels based on their SAT's so the content could be different.

I would not expect a child who achieved a level 3 at SAT's to take the same CAT test as a child that achieved a level 5.

Lots of schools do not actually pass on individual SAT scores (ours doesn't) and lots of parents don't tell their children how they did either. You really cant know what level the friends achieved or what theyre expected to achieve. I would just assume theyre working at different levels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now