How much does your DS/DD have to bring in for mufti day?

(19 Posts)

My DD's school has mufti on Friday, I send her into school today with £1 because that's what mufti day has always been at her school and all the schools I know of. She was told Infront of her entire class that it was now £2 instead of £1. It may not sound like a lot but when you have 5 children who are all in school it really does add up. I wonder how lower income families would deal with the £2 mufti day costs if they have several children at the school. We luckily are able to afford the £2 but I think it's riduclous how it's suddenly doubled. How much is mufti day at your child's school?

SnowBallsAreHere Mon 19-Sep-16 17:20:43

£1 and we pay in advance via squid.

Laniakea Mon 19-Sep-16 17:22:44

a pound

Sadik Mon 19-Sep-16 19:12:35

£1, and they don't chase if it's not sent in, either (dd has forgotten before, and it's never been an issue)

Rachie1986 Mon 19-Sep-16 19:22:32

Somewhere I worked did £1 for jeans for genes day ( which I guess this is?) just to wear jeans with normal school uniform, or £2 for full mufti.

I do get your point regarding how it all adds up though.

TeenAndTween Mon 19-Sep-16 20:40:20

£1

HereIAm20 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:25:21

£2 here too

It was 50p when I was in school 😂
Good to know it's not just my DD's school who charges £2. Has your childs' school gone up in price for mufti or has it always been £2?

calzone Mon 19-Sep-16 21:53:44

£1 for jeans and blazers
£2 for full mufti

seven201 Mon 19-Sep-16 22:08:56

£1 where I work. I do get annoyed at the kids who remember to wear their own clothes but forget their £1! It's not really chased at our school. I just tell them to pop a pound in the next charity collection box they see. £2 is quite steep! Where does the money go?

steppemum Mon 19-Sep-16 22:20:37

£1 and then never chase it or comment oto a child who hasn't paid

Den Mon 19-Sep-16 22:37:39

Two pounds here too! It was only one in prep school.

CauliflowerSqueeze Mon 19-Sep-16 22:41:54

People don't tend to chase as it's for charity. The expectation is that people do the right thing.

redskytonight Tue 20-Sep-16 10:32:56

School doesn't have mufti day. I'm wondering if this is the reason why!

They usually donate the money raised to Cancer research or a children's charity such as save the children. They are really good and chasing people up and my DD seemed upset that they'd commented on how she didn't being enough.

SquirmOfEels Tue 20-Sep-16 22:03:40

It's always for a school council nominated charity.

The suggested donation is £2, but no-one polices what anyone puts in the (lidded) collection buckets.

nicp123 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:34:07

£2.00 here & will be split between three charities.

Leeds2 Wed 21-Sep-16 20:26:54

I think it is horrible to tell your DD that she hadn't brought in enough money. I don't think the amount given was ever policed at both DD's primary and secondary. I would've been annoyed if it was.

We've always brought it the recommended amount of £1 and her school have always policed everyone to check they've put in enough. My DD was very embarrassed and I thought it was really unreasonable to make a point of her not having enough so that everyone could hear. I sent her in with £2 today and there hasn't been anything else said but honestly surely any donation is better than none..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now