Cheltenham Ladies College or Queen Margaret's School

(6 Posts)
Tessagrey Mon 19-Sep-16 15:03:23

Just want to get some opinions on these two schools:reputation, academics, pastoral care, sport, boarding accommodation etc.

Tessagrey Tue 20-Sep-16 14:57:45

Anyone???

sw15mum Tue 20-Sep-16 20:55:16

I've never heard of Queen Margaret's school so just googled it. It seems very different to CLC in terms of size, results, ethos etc so I can't imagine that many people would be looking at both. I know CLC from many moons ago- big school, very international, very academic, very sporty, girls I know are very happy and relatively down to earth.

Tessagrey Wed 21-Sep-16 13:21:58

Sw15mum,
I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about CLC? How big are the classes? Are there ability-based sets? Do a lot of people get into Oxbridge and other strong universities?Is the pastoral care alright? What about boarding accommodation?
Also, we live overseas so my DD has never played lacrosse or hockey but is very keen to try out new sports but would it be possible to learn it from scratch or does the school focus on strong players only?

sw15mum Wed 21-Sep-16 19:51:52

My knowledge is a bit out of date so you'd be better looking at the the prospectus/website etc but the school will definitely set by ability and gets girls to Oxbridge and other to universities regularly. Also no problem learning sports from scratch I would think.They are revamping the boarding houses I think.

Tessagrey Thu 22-Sep-16 10:52:07

Thanks sw15mum,
Really excited to check out CLC in Dec.
By the way, does anyone know anything about Queen Margaret's School?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now