St Clement Danes Chorleywood

(6 Posts)
Anotherschool Sat 17-Sep-16 16:38:29

I'm considering this school for my dc, but am hearing mixed reports from parents. Many have children thriving there, but have heard four separate incidents of serious bullying, unacknowledged by the school.

I appreciate it's all heresay, but these were four separate people, different ( current) years, all of whom did not know I was looking at the school. I haven't heard anything similar about other local schools, including Ricky.

Just wondered if anyone had any info? Thanks. (Have name changed, as have other friends on here with dcs at the school).

SaltyMyDear Sat 17-Sep-16 17:58:57

I've heard very odd things about it e.g only allowing you to sit a language GCSE if you were predicted an A.

If the results are too good to be true - they probably are.

So I would only consider it for a veryhigh achieving child. And even then I probably wouldn't choose it.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 17-Sep-16 18:09:05

Several good friends have children at SCD. Both parents and children seem happy with the school. I also have a friend who teaches there and she chose it as a school for her child.

I've heard of one child recently who has been bullied at SCD, but I also know of another who has been recently bullied to a similar degree at RS.

In Sept 2017, SCD will be hosting four extra classes of Y7 children (from Croxley Green) for one year before they move to the Croxley Danes School, taking some SCD staff with them. I'm not sure where they're going to put these extra 120 children.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 17-Sep-16 18:15:20

What alternatives are you looking at?

Anotherschool Sat 17-Sep-16 19:43:07

Ricky is my obvious alternative, which I am comfortable with. Possibly Watford Boys, but we're not going mad on coaching for test as we are lucky enough to have SCD and RS as clear choices.

Child is very bright, but not always very aware as a bit of a day dreamer. He's not remotely sporty, but quite musical and very keen on computers. The extra curriculum stuff at SCD might suit him more than RS, but I am just concerned about the stories I am hearing.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 17-Sep-16 20:12:43

I have children at WBGS & WGGS. Most of their friends from primary school went to RS, a few to SCD, WA and RFA.

Given the choice between SCD and RS, I would choose SCD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now