Guildford High Entrance Exam Tutors

(7 Posts)
Pragsraj Thu 15-Sep-16 21:43:31

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a tutor who can help my child with entrance exam for GHS(preferably) and other independent schools in Guildford?

Thanks in anticipation

mummytime Thu 15-Sep-16 22:39:14

What age? And what level of tutoring? If they can't get in with a bit of practice and normal schooling, is it really the right school?

Pragsraj Fri 16-Sep-16 06:46:04

DD is 13, looking for 13+ entrance. She is doing ok with her studies atm but she can do much better if she is in the right environment. Is she can't get into it, she'll continue with the current school and tutoring would give her a bit of boost.

mummytime Fri 16-Sep-16 07:06:32

Which subjects?

GU24Mum Fri 16-Sep-16 20:50:21

Hello, do you know that there isn't really a 13+ entry at GHS. There may be the odd space or two if girls move out of the area but that's likely to be it. I don't know if St Cat's has more of a proper 13+ entry. Good luck!

Pragsraj Fri 16-Sep-16 23:56:07

Mummytime: Subjects are Maths and English.
GU24mum: thank you. Do you know any tutors who train for GHS particularly?

GU24Mum Sun 18-Sep-16 12:20:47

I don't know any specific ones, sorry. Mine was in the JS so didn't sit the exam. I'm sure any of the local tutors would know the level and what they're looking for though - good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now